Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Jul 17, 7:20 PM
    • 722Posts
    • 581Thanks
    z1a
    Counterfeit DVD?
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:20 PM
    Counterfeit DVD? 10th Jul 17 at 7:20 PM
    Hi, Have just bought Big Bang Theory season 10 from eBay, sols as new/sealed, UK seller delivered within 3 days.
    Tag line on reverse of case is "The geers really haue inherited the Earth". I assume this should be "Geeks & Have". Have emailed Warner Bros along with scan of case. Depending on their opinion what would be my best course of action? I know I can get refunded via eBay, but seller shouldn't get away with this, he still has 7 for sale.
Page 1
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 10th Jul 17, 7:27 PM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 3,088 Thanks
    gardner1
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:27 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:27 PM
    Hi, Have just bought Big Bang Theory season 10 from eBay, sols as new/sealed, UK seller delivered within 3 days.
    Tag line on reverse of case is "The geers really haue inherited the Earth". I assume this should be "Geeks & Have". Have emailed Warner Bros along with scan of case. Depending on their opinion what would be my best course of action? I know I can get refunded via eBay, but seller shouldn't get away with this, he still has 7 for sale.
    Originally posted by z1a
    well considering it hasn't been released yet.......what do you think and fakes dvds are easy to spot
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 581 Thanks
    z1a
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    well considering it hasn't been released yet.......what do you think and fakes dvds are easy to spot
    Originally posted by gardner1
    Thanks, didn't know it hadn't been released yet.
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 10th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 3,088 Thanks
    gardner1
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    Thanks, didn't know it hadn't been released yet.
    Originally posted by z1a
    so you want to buy latest dvd and first place you look is Ebay.......sorry I don't believe you
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Jul 17, 7:35 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 581 Thanks
    z1a
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:35 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:35 PM
    so you want to buy latest dvd and first place you look is Ebay.......sorry I don't believe you
    Believe what you want, wasn't even aware what seasons they're up to.
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 10th Jul 17, 7:43 PM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 3,088 Thanks
    gardner1
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:43 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:43 PM
    Believe what you want, wasn't even aware what seasons they're up to.
    Originally posted by z1a
    Ok you want to buy any dvd and the first place you look is Ebay......sorry I don't believe you
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 10th Jul 17, 7:44 PM
    • 8,694 Posts
    • 13,266 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:44 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:44 PM
    Who buys dvd's? Join the 21st century and get downloading!
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Jul 17, 7:51 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 581 Thanks
    z1a
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:51 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:51 PM
    Ok you want to buy any dvd and the first place you look is Ebay......sorry I don't believe you

FYI, I was on eBay buying something else originally, and whilst I was on, looked for it, not that I need to explain myself to an idiot.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 10th Jul 17, 8:05 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 520 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:05 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:05 PM
    depends what you want.

I sell a classic DVD of a film that the master copy has been destroyed, so wont be available ever on DVD or seen on TV again.
    Ebay have an official letter allowing me to sell this film. I dare say there will be a lot more films etc. that are on ebay in the same situation.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 10th Jul 17, 8:55 PM
    • 11,175 Posts
    • 7,485 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Originally posted by z1a
    You have two courses of action if you want. The refund and the further action. They are separate.

Which do you want first/most?
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Jul 17, 9:25 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 581 Thanks
    z1a
    You have two courses of action if you want. The refund and the further action. They are separate.

Which do you want first/most?
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Both, not doing anything 'til WB reply.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 10th Jul 17, 9:31 PM
    • 11,175 Posts
    • 7,485 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Both, not doing anything 'til WB reply.
    Originally posted by z1a
    You may wait a long time for that reply. Be mindful your eBay options are not infinite, but a specific length of time.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Jul 17, 9:38 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 581 Thanks
    z1a
    "Be mindful your eBay options are not infinite, but a specific length of time."

I know.

Wasn't even aware of BBT until early this year, when a colleague asked if I watched it because it was my kind of humour. When I told him I hadn't he lent me series 1-5, which I watched and liked, I then bought 6-8, then 9.
    Found S10 on eBay and just bought it, never actually watched it when broadcast, therefor no idea what series they're up to.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Jul 17, 9:40 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 581 Thanks
    z1a
    PS, I know now what series they're up to, and that S10 isn't due for release 'til Oct.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 10th Jul 17, 9:41 PM
    • 11,175 Posts
    • 7,485 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    "Be mindful your eBay options are not infinite, but a specific length of time."

I know.

Wasn't even aware of BBT until early this year, when a colleague asked if I watched it because it was my kind of humour. When I told him I hadn't he lent me series 1-5, which I watched and liked, I then bought 6-8, then 9.
    Found S10 on eBay and just bought it, never actually watched it when broadcast, therefor no idea what series they're up to.
    Originally posted by z1a
    Which isn't remotely relevant to my post, but there you are.

You can either take the high ground or get your money and then pursue it. But if you choose the high ground, you need to do it quickly.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Jul 17, 9:55 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 581 Thanks
    z1a
    "You can either take the high ground or get your money "

I will do both.
    • Pun
    • By Pun 10th Jul 17, 9:58 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 509 Thanks
    Pun
    Report them to ebay (using the 'report item' button on the item page) and giving the reason as 'suspected bootleg copy' or 'breach of copyright'.

Open a claim and you'll get your money back.

Possibly you've already done both, but just in case not...(and I too buy DVDs on ebay).
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 10th Jul 17, 10:03 PM
    • 11,175 Posts
    • 7,485 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    "You can either take the high ground or get your money "

I will do both.
    Originally posted by z1a
    Do you want your money back quickly and easily? If so, open a case on Ebay.

What high ground are you wanting? All of the seller's items removed?
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Jul 17, 10:03 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 581 Thanks
    z1a
    Pun, that is what I intend to do.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Jul 17, 10:05 PM
    • 722 Posts
    • 581 Thanks
    z1a
    "What high ground are you wanting? All of the seller's items removed?"

Yes, he is selling multiple copies of various DVDs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,116Posts Today

6,902Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin