Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • whiskeytoothpaste
    • By whiskeytoothpaste 10th Jul 17, 7:19 PM
    • 39Posts
    • 4Thanks
    whiskeytoothpaste
    Oldie- faq no help
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:19 PM
    Oldie- faq no help 10th Jul 17 at 7:19 PM
    Good work on here to everyone before I start.
    I have had past success but feel a bit stuck with this one
    Entrapped as manual operator was also parked on there.
    No entrance signs or clear boundaries
    Windscreen notice issued with a link to myparkingcharg
    Appealed as keeper
    BUT- their email was intercepted and i missed the IAS deadline
    Have used the appeals process again

Anything else to do? Predictions? What's likely to happen next?
    Cheers everyone
    Last edited by whiskeytoothpaste; 10-07-2017 at 9:19 PM. Reason: Anonymity
Page 3
    • whiskeytoothpaste
    • By whiskeytoothpaste 25th Nov 17, 5:35 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    whiskeytoothpaste
    Interesting
    There are cases here where signs forbidding any parking whatsoever are actually trespass dressed up as contractual.
    That's what I have. Is it worth going down that route- obviously on the presupposition that I was not driving but even if I was...
    • whiskeytoothpaste
    • By whiskeytoothpaste 25th Nov 17, 5:51 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    whiskeytoothpaste
    Yes- the cases where no parking is permitted. Where this occurs is trespass dressed up as contractual. Worth pursuing?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 25th Nov 17, 6:02 PM
    • 15,906 Posts
    • 24,670 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Yes- the cases where no parking is permitted. Where this occurs is trespass dressed up as contractual. Worth pursuing?
    Originally posted by whiskeytoothpaste
    If the signs are forbidding then of course itís worth pursuing. You will need to be able to argue it so need to understand the issues.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • whiskeytoothpaste
    • By whiskeytoothpaste 29th Nov 17, 9:46 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    whiskeytoothpaste
    BW legal regularly calling and leaving voicemails 2-3 times per week- despite the fact that I am engaged in written communication with them.
    Tempted to call them to request that they stop this as it is just harassing me.
    Advice?
    • logician
    • By logician 29th Nov 17, 10:04 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    logician
    BW legal regularly calling and leaving voicemails 2-3 times per week- despite the fact that I am engaged in written communication with them.
    Tempted to call them to request that they stop this as it is just harassing me.
    Advice?
    Originally posted by whiskeytoothpaste

Write to them and request that they MUST cease and desist IN telephoning you and all correspondence must be in writing, and should they continue to telephone you then a formal complaint will be made to the SRA.

Point out that you require any such correspondence to be in a WRITTEN format due to the stage this is at.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 30th Nov 17, 10:25 AM
    • 1,159 Posts
    • 1,191 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    If this is to your mobile, save their number as a contact and then block it.
    • whiskeytoothpaste
    • By whiskeytoothpaste 30th Nov 17, 12:56 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    whiskeytoothpaste
    Done that but
    Did this a while back. Now they call from different numbers and sometimes I just get voicemail without a Ďmissed callí or number registering. I donít know which type of technological sorcery they are using for this.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Nov 17, 12:59 PM
    • 15,906 Posts
    • 24,670 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Complain to your line provider and report them as nuisance callers. Ofcom can deliver a nasty fine!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 30th Nov 17, 1:11 PM
    • 7,415 Posts
    • 6,464 Thanks
    The Deep
    https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk/documents-and-forms/cease-and-desist-letter.rlm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImYnz2a_m1wIVsDLTCh0f9 g4yEAAYASAAEgIl2vD_BwE
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

327Posts Today

2,301Users online

Martin's Twitter