Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 10th Jul 17, 7:07 PM
    • 487Posts
    • 2,091Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Sequestration and joint bank account question...
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:07 PM
    Sequestration and joint bank account question... 10th Jul 17 at 7:07 PM
    Hi
    I am about to go for sequestration.
    My mum has an account that she uses for savings, it is a joint account with myself. She opened this account with me so as to ensure that her savings (her estate as she calls it) would be easily accessible for the remaining family when she passes.
    I have never used this account, never deposited or withdrawn a penny, it is all my mum's. I am joint in case anything happens to mum.
    What should I do to ensure my mum doesn't lose her life savings?
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
Page 1
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 13th Jul 17, 11:47 AM
    • 1,403 Posts
    • 1,240 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:47 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:47 AM
    As its a joint account 50% will be classed as yours.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,357Posts Today

7,271Users online

Martin's Twitter