Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ixworth
    • By ixworth 10th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    ixworth
    CEL PCN issued to me for leased vehicle
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    CEL PCN issued to me for leased vehicle 10th Jul 17 at 6:42 PM
    My lease company notified me in early May that they had received a PCN from CEL for overstaying the free period in a car park on 24th April. They said that they had responded by providing my details as the Hirer.

On 5th July I received a one-page PCN with no supporting documentation, no photographic evidence, no reference to me as the hirer or any reference to the fact that this was in response to an earlier issued NtK.

I'm confused as to how to proceed. On the face of it, because there's no mention of me as a hirer, this is simply a first contact for an alleged incident that took place 2 and a half months ago (74 days) which would be far too late for them to proceed (wouldn't it?).

If the notice was clearly apparent as a Notice to Hirer, I'd follow up with the POFA 13 and 14 approach as they have failed to send the required 'documents' to me with the postal notice, by day 21 after the date they were informed of the hirer's details (back in May).

I'd appreciate some guidance on which basis to appeal on, or would a dual defence work best perhaps? I've searched the forum btw and couldn't find anything that looked like my circumstances.

Thanks in anticipation, A
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 17, 6:44 PM
    • 48,133 Posts
    • 61,567 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:44 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:44 PM
    I would go with the POFA 13 and 14 approach and add some wording pointing out that the letter itself is woefully inadequate, if intended to be a 'NTH', but that this is your appeal as hirer/lessee.

The whole point is to get a POPLA code and kill this off. Appeal by email.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ixworth
    • By ixworth 10th Jul 17, 8:43 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ixworth
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:43 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:43 PM
    Let's give that a go then. As you say, I should in any case get a POPLA code.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

102Posts Today

1,834Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin