Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ANNA
    • By ANNA 10th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    • 153Posts
    • 21Thanks
    ANNA
    Is MyHermes about to go bust?
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    Is MyHermes about to go bust? 10th Jul 17 at 6:42 PM
    MyHermes seem to have lost the plot and don't seem to care about that!

I've done a search but found nothing, so is there a sub-forum with MyHermes staff representation on it?

I've sent many parcels with them sucessfully, but now I have a parcel that has been at the end stage of the delivery chain for 10 days! Yes, that's how long the local courier has had it, with only one attempt at delivery on the first day, although my recipient disputes even this try, as she is home 24/7.

It is a small, lightweight parcel.
    It is a normal residential address.

I opened an enquiry via online chat and they promised to refer it immediately to the investigations team, who would get back to me within 24/48 hrs. This they failed to do.

I tried to call MyHermes today but "technical difficulties" were what the recorded voice stated after I keyed in the parcel barcode.

There's no update on my ebay a/c or Hermes a/c. My ebay buyer also had no success trying, citing the same "technical difficulties".

I had to do online chat all over again today as the only method open to me to chase it up, and they had the cheek to mark the new case as "resolved", and raised my buyers hopes in vain when she checked today.

I suspect the online chatter had targets to meet.

I fear that if I push them too hard, my parcel will appear as "lost", when the reality is that their local courier hasn't tried to deliver it since 01 July, if at all.

What can be the matter with the Hermes system? My parcel went from one end of the country to the other in 2 days, only to be hogged by a inept, inefficient or lazy local courier!

I'm so frustrated and annoyed. My eBay buyer was looking forward to her parcel.
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Jul 17, 6:54 PM
    • 59,291 Posts
    • 42,026 Thanks
    soolin
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:54 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:54 PM
    For the first time ever MyHermes are ignoring my messages on facebook, previously they have always responded quite quickly. I now have 2 lost parcels (I am the recipient) and they will not respond to me at all.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • RFW
    • By RFW 10th Jul 17, 7:38 PM
    • 8,442 Posts
    • 4,918 Thanks
    RFW
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:38 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:38 PM
    As a personal note, I've noticed I've received far fewer deliveries from them and we used to get quite a lot, thinking about it I don't think they've delivered anything to me for a few months.
    I've never used them to send.
    • Pun
    • By Pun 10th Jul 17, 7:50 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 491 Thanks
    Pun
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:50 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:50 PM
    Sounds all too familiar, I'm afraid...
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 10th Jul 17, 9:11 PM
    • 1,297 Posts
    • 1,025 Thanks
    bxboards
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:11 PM
    I'm not seeing the link between the title of the thread and the content - this is an issue with the local courier, who is self-employed surely?

IMHO the thread title is needless scaremongering.
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 10th Jul 17, 9:11 PM
    • 4,382 Posts
    • 3,762 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    I fail to understand how one lost parcel is a sure sign that they are going bust. Dropped off five parcels Saturday morning at parcel shop. All delivered today. I would keep contacting them through their website. I personally find that it the more reliable way of getting a response, although it can take them a couple of days.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 11th Jul 17, 1:12 AM
    • 25,877 Posts
    • 10,303 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 11th Jul 17, 1:12 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 1:12 AM
    I had an issue and i think their rep was on here, or was it twitter?

Quite helpful, but could not trace the delivery number. Seller sent another which arrived then the missing one arrived.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • MrJones1
    • By MrJones1 11th Jul 17, 11:22 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    MrJones1
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:22 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:22 PM
    I don't understand how a delay in the delivery can be an indication that the business will go bust. However, you should claim compensation for the delay. In their terms and conditions, there is a paragraph that says:

"Our liability for Late Delivery is limited to refunding the Charges"

For more information visit:

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.html
    • soolin
    • By soolin 12th Jul 17, 8:42 AM
    • 59,291 Posts
    • 42,026 Thanks
    soolin
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:42 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:42 AM
    I don't understand how a delay in the delivery can be an indication that the business will go bust. However, you should claim compensation for the delay. In their terms and conditions, there is a paragraph that says:

"Our liability for Late Delivery is limited to refunding the Charges"

For more information visit:

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.html
    Originally posted by MrJones1
    It's more than that- although I've had a few missing parcels or delays I have always got it sorted, I never had an issue with them paying out or investigating it. Now I can get nothing at all out of them- to the extent that one seller has just refunded me even though the parcel shows as delivered- as officially they have been told that the courier is no longer in contact and cannot be traced for information.

I'm still trying to work out what to do about the latest one as I have no idea which parcel it is that's gone and am just waiting to see what doesn't turn up so I can go to the seller.

I suspect mine is a rogue courier, but until someone at MyHermes responds through any one of the avenues I've tried - I cannot be sure what is going on.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • custardy
    • By custardy 12th Jul 17, 8:47 AM
    • 32,508 Posts
    • 27,256 Thanks
    custardy
    It's more than that- although I've had a few missing parcels or delays I have always got it sorted, I never had an issue with them paying out or investigating it. Now I can get nothing at all out of them- to the extent that one seller has just refunded me even though the parcel shows as delivered- as officially they have been told that the courier is no longer in contact and cannot be traced for information.

I'm still trying to work out what to do about the latest one as I have no idea which parcel it is that's gone and am just waiting to see what doesn't turn up so I can go to the seller.

I suspect mine is a rogue courier, but until someone at MyHermes responds through any one of the avenues I've tried - I cannot be sure what is going on.
    Originally posted by soolin
    Sure I have mebtioned to you before but you arent on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/myhermes/with_replies?lang=en
    Active and replying as of 20 seconds ago.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 12th Jul 17, 10:04 AM
    • 59,291 Posts
    • 42,026 Thanks
    soolin
    Sure I have mebtioned to you before but you arent on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/myhermes/with_replies?lang=en
    Active and replying as of 20 seconds ago.
    Originally posted by custardy
    I'm not on twitter- they used to respond on facebook within an hour- now they just keep asking me to PM and then ignore me. I may have to sign up for twitter if that is now the only way to get their attention.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • custardy
    • By custardy 12th Jul 17, 1:55 PM
    • 32,508 Posts
    • 27,256 Thanks
    custardy
    I'm not on twitter- they used to respond on facebook within an hour- now they just keep asking me to PM and then ignore me. I may have to sign up for twitter if that is now the only way to get their attention.
    Originally posted by soolin
    I contacted them around a year ago,quick response.
    IME Twitter is the place to hit company CS up.
    Can quickly hit with wide spread +/- feedback. The fast they have 7 day staff makes it look like they worry about it.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 12th Jul 17, 2:59 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    angryparcel
    trouble with myhermes is they don't run a service like other courier firms.
    As long as you have a vehicle you can become a myhermes franchisee.
    you then collect the parcels at 7am from local hub and then it is upto you when you deliver them, you can do your school runs etc. at the same time as delivering parcels or you could just wait until 7pm that night to deliver them.
    they don't have structured delivery routes like other couriers

read this https://beacourier.co.uk/ it will give you an insight to why they have that many problems
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 12th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 4,382 Posts
    • 3,762 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    trouble with myhermes is they don't run a service like other courier firms.
    As long as you have a vehicle you can become a myhermes franchisee.
    you then collect the parcels at 7am from local hub and then it is upto you when you deliver them, you can do your school runs etc. at the same time as delivering parcels or you could just wait until 7pm that night to deliver them.
    they don't have structured delivery routes like other couriers

read this https://beacourier.co.uk/ it will give you an insight to why they have that many problems
    Originally posted by angryparcel
    A lot of courier firms employ self employed vehicle owners. Most of them though specify a van. Yodel also employ drivers the same way My Hermes does with them just needing a car.

Also My Hermes are trialing a time slot now. Although its only in the tracking, its not normally sent to you.
    • janb5
    • By janb5 12th Jul 17, 3:31 PM
    • 1,783 Posts
    • 6,368 Thanks
    janb5
    I had a massive problem with My Hermes yesterday. None of my parcels was collected and ten I heard that the courier couldn`t locate my house. I live in a London suburb!

In the end I found the name of the CEO and emailed her. Told her as well that Live Chat was useless and that no one had responded to messages etc.

I am pretty sure they got fed up with me as I got it resolved this morning!
    My usual courier is brill but sadly he is on jury service.

carole.woodhead@hermes-europe.co.uk

customer.relations@hermes-europe.co.uk
    Last edited by janb5; 12-07-2017 at 3:43 PM.
    • Pun
    • By Pun 12th Jul 17, 4:29 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 491 Thanks
    Pun
    I had a massive problem with My Hermes yesterday. None of my parcels was collected and ten I heard that the courier couldn`t locate my house. I live in a London suburb!

In the end I found the name of the CEO and emailed her. Told her as well that Live Chat was useless and that no one had responded to messages etc.

I am pretty sure they got fed up with me as I got it resolved this morning!
    My usual courier is brill but sadly he is on jury service.

carole.woodhead@hermes-europe.co.uk

customer.relations@hermes-europe.co.uk
    Originally posted by janb5
    Why is one missed collection a 'massive problem'? A pain in the neck and possibly very inconvenient, but get it in perspective - these things happen, particularly if the regular courier isn't available.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 12th Jul 17, 5:00 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    angryparcel
    A lot of courier firms employ self employed vehicle owners. Most of them though specify a van. Yodel also employ drivers the same way My Hermes does with them just needing a car.

Also My Hermes are trialing a time slot now. Although its only in the tracking, its not normally sent to you.
    Originally posted by mrcol1000
    Yes , but they all have structured delivery system, with my hermes you collect your packages from the depot and it is up to you when you deliver them, if you want to deliver them at 7pm then you can.
    • janb5
    • By janb5 12th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 1,783 Posts
    • 6,368 Thanks
    janb5
    Why is one missed collection a 'massive problem'? A pain in the neck and possibly very inconvenient, but get it in perspective - these things happen, particularly if the regular courier isn't available.
    Originally posted by Pun

It was a probem because it constitutes 4 missed deliveries which then leads to poor FB
    • ellasmommy
    • By ellasmommy 12th Jul 17, 8:40 PM
    • 2,438 Posts
    • 206,721 Thanks
    ellasmommy
    They are a big problem. I have never had a problem with any couriers but them.

You can contact them through twitter but you wont get anywhere.

As stated above, their problem DOES lie in the fact they employ anybody to be their neighbourhood couriers. Ours is awful.

I have a few friends that have done this neighbourhood courier with them and if they can get in, anyone can......
    Do good and good will come to you

50 Challenges 2017 - 39/50
    • soolin
    • By soolin 12th Jul 17, 10:38 PM
    • 59,291 Posts
    • 42,026 Thanks
    soolin
    Originally posted by Pun
    A single missed collection depending on number of parcels could potentially lead to a sellers account being restricted based on the late metrics.
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,977Posts Today

9,786Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin