Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • astra46
    • By astra46 10th Jul 17, 5:25 PM
    • 83Posts
    • 4Thanks
    astra46
    SKY Retentions
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:25 PM
    SKY Retentions 10th Jul 17 at 5:25 PM
    Anyone had any luck getting a good deal with SKY?

I may ring them up and say im leaving, ive got Plusnet snail broadband at the moment and can leave anytime, as not in contract.
Page 1
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 10th Jul 17, 6:38 PM
    • 2,582 Posts
    • 18,381 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:38 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:38 PM
    Big thread here. Covers TV but people post their phone/BB deals as well

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5310751

• makemesumdosh
    • By makemesumdosh 31st Jul 17, 4:18 PM
    • 307 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    makemesumdosh
    • 31st Jul 17, 4:18 PM
    • 31st Jul 17, 4:18 PM
    i am coming to an end of my Sky deal. I pay for line rental and anytime calls but get free broadband.
    I also take their TV package which is £22 a month. this is discounted by 60% so I pay £8.80.

check online last week and was expecting to see higher bills from October but they are still the same. I received a letter today saying they have extended my deal for a further 12 months with no contract.

Has anyone else been given a similar deal.

I did call them a few weeks ago saying I was looking for a deal and told them I could get better elsewhere
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 1st Aug 17, 9:53 AM
    • 4,568 Posts
    • 1,890 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 1st Aug 17, 9:53 AM
    • 1st Aug 17, 9:53 AM
    i am coming to an end of my Sky deal. I pay for line rental and anytime calls but get free broadband.
    I also take their TV package which is £22 a month. this is discounted by 60% so I pay £8.80.

check online last week and was expecting to see higher bills from October but they are still the same. I received a letter today saying they have extended my deal for a further 12 months with no contract.

Has anyone else been given a similar deal.

I did call them a few weeks ago saying I was looking for a deal and told them I could get better elsewhere
    Originally posted by makemesumdosh
    Others have reported similar letters. I suspect that Sky are trying a bit of a small scale experiment to see whether they can increase customer loyalty longer term ,as their churn rates are reportedly on the increase.
    Hopefully I'll get a similar letter in the next month or so - 60% for another year would be welcome to save going thru the retention dance again
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 1st Aug 17, 10:40 AM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 1st Aug 17, 10:40 AM
    • 1st Aug 17, 10:40 AM
    Others have reported similar letters. I suspect that Sky are trying a bit of a small scale experiment to see whether they can increase customer loyalty longer term ,as their churn rates are reportedly on the increase.
    Hopefully I'll get a similar letter in the next month or so - 60% for another year would be welcome to save going thru the retention dance again
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    I'm in the same boat, my payment date is tomorrow so I should be able to see Decembers future bill. I think that will be when it goes up (although I might be a month early yet).
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 1st Aug 17, 11:11 AM
    • 4,568 Posts
    • 1,890 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 1st Aug 17, 11:11 AM
    • 1st Aug 17, 11:11 AM
    My future bills are showing partial increase in October and full rate in November - so doesn't look like I'm one of the chosen!!
    • andrewmp
    • By andrewmp 1st Aug 17, 11:22 AM
    • 1,545 Posts
    • 792 Thanks
    andrewmp
    • 1st Aug 17, 11:22 AM
    • 1st Aug 17, 11:22 AM
    My future bills are showing partial increase in October and full rate in November - so doesn't look like I'm one of the chosen!!
    Same thing happened with me, then one day it went back down again, never did receive a letter but I'm 50% off for another 13 months.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 1st Aug 17, 11:27 AM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 1st Aug 17, 11:27 AM
    • 1st Aug 17, 11:27 AM
    Give them a quick call or live chat and mention the retention offers, they might just activate it for you there and then if it's something they're going to continue doing.

I think some have reported that they only got notified very late into the contract anyway.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 1st Aug 17, 6:52 PM
    • 2,582 Posts
    • 18,381 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 1st Aug 17, 6:52 PM
    • 1st Aug 17, 6:52 PM
    Still early days yet. My offer was due to finish on 3rd September, and I only received the notification yesterday that it had been extended for another 12 months.

• DiseasedBunny
    • By DiseasedBunny 2nd Aug 17, 12:33 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    DiseasedBunny
    Mine finishes 9th September, so fingers crossed, as I cba doing the retention dance, but not going from £39 to £85�� either though
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 2nd Aug 17, 12:50 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Mine finishes 9th September, so fingers crossed, as I cba doing the retention dance, but not going from £39 to £85�� either though
    Originally posted by DiseasedBunny
    Does your future payments show it going up? My billing date is today but Decembers (when mine should rise) isn't showing yet.
    • DiseasedBunny
    • By DiseasedBunny 2nd Aug 17, 1:39 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    DiseasedBunny
    Yep, when I click future payment, the next 3 months have it set at 85 quid
    • makemesumdosh
    • By makemesumdosh 2nd Aug 17, 4:10 PM
    • 307 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    makemesumdosh
    Mine first was showing a higher amount (full price) but then went down to the 60% off TV and free broadband price. I took a screenshot to protect myself incase it suddenly went back up.
    Not a problem now I had the mailshot.

I would suggest giving SKY a call if your price jumps to full price
    • motherofstudents
    • By motherofstudents 8th Aug 17, 11:30 AM
    • 1,297 Posts
    • 1,642 Thanks
    motherofstudents
    Mine has gone up from £32 to £50.09 - as the offers I got last year run for 10 months. My contract ends 6thOct. Rang today and they could get it down to £42 so I said I will shop around and cancel next month. They don't seem to be consistent with their discounts.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 8th Aug 17, 11:44 AM
    • 18,749 Posts
    • 9,991 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    My contract ends 6thOct. Rang today and they could get it down to £42 so I said I will shop around and cancel next month. They don't seem to be consistent with their discounts.
    Originally posted by motherofstudents
    You won't get any significant offers until you are actually out of contract again. No point ringing them in advance of this.

They are indeed consistent, the best deals are offered to those who cancel and mean it-not to those who simply threaten.
    Read the big thread already linked to earlier;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5310751
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 8th Aug 17, 1:47 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    You won't get any significant offers until you are actually out of contract again. No point ringing them in advance of this.
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    Depends on your definition of 'significant'. I'm on 60% plus £50 (?) credit for 12 months and I got that before I entered my final month.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 8th Aug 17, 2:05 PM
    • 31,883 Posts
    • 37,610 Thanks
    Browntoa
    covered in existing thread here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5480644
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,141Posts Today

8,435Users online

Martin's Twitter