Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 10th Jul 17, 5:18 PM
    • 2,044Posts
    • 4,561Thanks
    Smodlet
    Anyone used Victorian Plumbing before?
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:18 PM
    Anyone used Victorian Plumbing before? 10th Jul 17 at 5:18 PM
    Hi,

We need a new loo and bathroom sink and have found what looks like a perfect pair on this website but the feedback is not great. On the basis that people are more likely to post negative than positive reviews, can anyone share any knowledge of Victorian Plumbing (not to be confused with Victoria Plumb) with me, please? TIA.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
Page 1
    • adandem
    • By adandem 10th Jul 17, 6:46 PM
    • 3,409 Posts
    • 4,623 Thanks
    adandem
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:46 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:46 PM
    Yes I recently bought some tiles, no problems at all. A few of the tiles were broken ( we bought 26 boxes) but they were quickly replaced.
    The only downside was the delivery as they were left on the kerbside on a pallet which is quite common for large goods. So you'd need to make sure someone is there to move your items.
    We have just bought vitra ceramics which my local bathroom showroom price matched. In the process of fitting but they seem really good quality.
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 10th Jul 17, 7:26 PM
    • 23,576 Posts
    • 65,736 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:26 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:26 PM
    Yes, they sell different brands, so some will be better than others, but if the brands are trusted ones, then Victorian Plumbing offers a perfectly decent service.

They incorrectly packed some items that arrived smashed for me in one parcel (several bathrooms worth of accessories), but replaced without quibble when I sent them a picture of a pile of pottery.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
    • TheCyclingProgrammer
    • By TheCyclingProgrammer 10th Jul 17, 8:32 PM
    • 2,591 Posts
    • 1,445 Thanks
    TheCyclingProgrammer
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:32 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:32 PM
    When we did our shower room up we ordered our towel radiator and wall hung toilet from Victorian Plumbing. The towel rad has been perfectly decent for the price we paid. The toilet was made by RAK ceramics and is very good. Service was fine - they sent the wrong toilet seat but arranged a collection and replacement promptly.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 14th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    • 2,044 Posts
    • 4,561 Thanks
    Smodlet
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    Thanks to all who responded, we went with Wickes in the end and their stuff seems to be fine. Thank you for taking the trouble to reply, it is appreciated.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 14th Jul 17, 4:14 PM
    • 3,171 Posts
    • 1,675 Thanks
    lstar337
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:14 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:14 PM
    I thought they were called victoriaplum.com?

Did they change their name?

Always makes me wary as companies go bust and re-sprout with similar names.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 14th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    • 1,986 Posts
    • 1,003 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    • 14th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    This is VictorianPlumbing and this is Victoria Plum(b). You'll need to scroll to the bottom of the page to find there are in Hessle, East Yorkshire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,639Posts Today

8,590Users online

Martin's Twitter