Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UODestroy
    • By UODestroy 10th Jul 17, 5:17 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    UODestroy
    Britannia Parking Poole. Incorrect registration entered.
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:17 PM
    Britannia Parking Poole. Incorrect registration entered. 10th Jul 17 at 5:17 PM
    Hi,

I received a PCN from Britannia Parking, £100 fine, discounted to £60 if paid in 14 days.

Unfortunately I appealed before finding this forum so I have made the rookie error of admitting to being the driver.

I received this reply...

Thank you for your appeal received on 26/06/2017 regarding the above detailed Parking Charge Notice.

We have reviewed the case and considered the comments that you have made. This appeal has been considered in conjunction with the photographs and any evidence provided. Our records show that the notice was correctly issued as your vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms and Conditions of the Car Park.

The signage in the car park states that you must “Enter the FULL and correct vehicle registration into the payment machine when paying the tariff”.

When completing the transaction at the machine, the machine prompts you to confirm that you have entered in your registration number correctly; what you have entered is displayed on the screen. You are also given the option to cancel or press the back arrow if you have made an error. There was an error in your vehicle registration number but you validated and confirmed that it was entered in correctly.

Because of the error in the registration number the system was unable to match your ticket to your vehicle and a Parking Charge Notice was issued.

Our records show an incorrect registration of YY having been entered on the ticket purchased at
    9:15am. Due to the operator error, we have incurred a cost from issuing a Parking Charge Notice. We believe this can be resolved amicably therefore we have discounted the value of the Parking Charge Notice to £20.00.

You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure.

They then list various ways I can appeal but state that if I appeal to POPLA and lose, I will have to pay the full amount.

What do you think I should do? Just pay them the £20 and be done with it or fight them?

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 47,975 Posts
    • 61,429 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    Do a POPLA appeal, Britannia are a pushover! Shame you outed the driver but hey, this is Britannia and their signs are useless.

Never pay a parking firm (only pay a fee/tariff to park, not a fine, not even £20). Same advice as to this guy:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5677322

Take some pic of the signs please - we need to pull them apart to help your POPLA appeal. You will NOT win by writing about mitigating circs/wrong VRN error.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• UODestroy
    • By UODestroy 10th Jul 17, 5:24 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    UODestroy
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:24 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:24 PM
    That was a very quick reply! Thanks a lot, I will take pictures of the sign in the next few days and post them.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 10th Jul 17, 6:25 PM
    • 9,952 Posts
    • 8,979 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:25 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:25 PM
    POPLA wheel of fortune. I estimate you will probably lose at POPLA unless we can deconstruct the wording on the signs, given what you have admitted.

The PPC may also have some wording problems on their ticket, but the regulars like a challenge.

Don't know if the would take a chance on court.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,245Posts Today

8,306Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin