Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gillybean129
    • By gillybean129 10th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    • 133Posts
    • 62Thanks
    gillybean129
    Carphone Warehouse and faulty phone
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    Carphone Warehouse and faulty phone 10th Jul 17 at 5:05 PM
    I bought my daughter a Google phone, outright on a credit card for around £320, this has a 2 year guarantee.
    A few days after purchase it developed a fault with the speaker and was with another handset.
    At 14 months old it had an issue where it turned itself off, kept rebooting, so it was taken back to the original branch for repair. around 5 /6 weeks later it was returned, I later found out it had sat in their branch for 3 weeks before the sent it off.
    The same fault developed again around Easter time, again it went back for a further repair, taking around 4 weeks.
    This is really annoying, taking it in and as anyone knows students need their devices so it's the inconvenience as well.
    So last week the same fault developed, this will be the third time, I processed through resolver website and they are again asking to repair it, when I have asked for a replacement as I don't think it's fit for purpose.
    What I want to know is where we stand with this:
    1. Having bought on a credit card does it make a difference
    2. The 2 year EU guarantee replacement law.
    Feel like throwing the damn thing in the bin at this stage!
Page 2
    • gillybean129
    • By gillybean129 12th Jul 17, 12:58 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    gillybean129
    I think it's just the inconvenience, if they are offering to replace they why can't we do just that, exchange straight away instead of their engineers checking it yet again and who knows they could send the same one straight back - with the same fault to develop soon after

In all we have probably had it with them for 2 months + now and further inconvenience is really annoying
    • Rainbowgirl84
    • By Rainbowgirl84 12th Jul 17, 2:10 PM
    • 473 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Rainbowgirl84
    CPW perhaps want to confirm the fault and it's cause before replacing the phone, which is not unreasonable.
    • gillybean129
    • By gillybean129 12th Jul 17, 3:20 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    gillybean129
    CPW perhaps want to confirm the fault and it's cause before replacing the phone, which is not unreasonable.
    Originally posted by Rainbowgirl84
    Yes but as this is the 3rd repair it's getting tiresome
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 12th Jul 17, 3:24 PM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,548 Thanks
    wealdroam
    Yes but as this is the 3rd repair it's getting tiresome
    Originally posted by gillybean129
    But they need to confirm that the problem you are experiencing cannot easily be fixed by, for example, a few button pushes or something like that.

You seem to be saying that they should replace the thing just because you have told them that it is playing up exactly as it did before.

I am in no way saying that you are wrong or mistaken, but you must see the issue from their side too.
    • gillybean129
    • By gillybean129 12th Jul 17, 4:28 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    gillybean129
    They are adamant I must hand in for repair..

We need to log the handset for a third repair so that we can resolve the fault. I cannot confirm 100% that the engineers will exchange the device but it is very likely given the prior repair jobs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

950Posts Today

7,215Users online

Martin's Twitter