Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Julie BL
    • By Julie BL 10th Jul 17, 4:11 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Julie BL
    Accepted 50/50 but "not at fault"?
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:11 PM
    Accepted 50/50 but "not at fault"? 10th Jul 17 at 4:11 PM
    I got hit by a foreign insured driver. There were no independent witnesses and at the time I had no dashcam. With no injuries and only a few grand damage to the vehicle, the insurance company weren't keen to take it to court, so suggested 50/50. I was angry about the unfairness of it, but didn't see the point of dragging through the courts for potentially the same outcome. It had been an unpleasant learning curve that I didn't want to extend.
    I got my 50% excess back some months ago. I want to go on someone elses policy as a named driver and checked this week to make sure the claim is closed. It said, claim, not at fault. I spoke to the insurance company and they said that was correct. The claim is closed and the notes say I accepted 50/50 but its listed as 1% liability and therefore not at fault. Also the NCD hasn't been affected.
    Is this normal?
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jul 17, 9:56 AM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:56 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:56 AM
    Although the claim is closed, your friend should still be told about it so that they can disclose it to their insurer
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

94Posts Today

2,558Users online

Martin's Twitter