Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nunu123
    • By nunu123 10th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    nunu123
    Working tax credit self employment help
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    Working tax credit self employment help 10th Jul 17 at 3:46 PM
    Hello,
    I am hoping that someone on this forum may be able to advise me in a matter relating to Working Tax Credit claim for Self Employed.
    My husband returned from the EU after working there for a while, and commenced his self employment once he came back to the UK. Unbeknown to us, the WTC rules have change quite significantly, namely the proof that you have to provide with regards to self employment.
    In May we submitted a new claim for wtc. My husband had only been in the UK for a few days..
    The Tax Credit Office requested 1 month evidence of self employment and we had to complete a questionnaire.
    I really could not complete the form because my husband was not present in the UK for the period they requested. I told them this.
    Subsequently, our claim denied. I asked for a mandatory reconsideration, and included the small amount of proof that we were able to get, invoices, income and expenses, fuel receipts, business card.
    In July, I received their, decision, unfortunately, the Tax Credit Office has not changed their original decision.
    They state that the information I have provided for the Mandatory Reconsideration does not show that my husband trade/ profession is not regular and organised, and that my husbands trade is commercial.
    They have given me a change to appeal the decision, but I am struggling with what proof would help our case, and cover those points.
    My husband is in the building trade.

Sorry for the very long post. Any help would be much appreciated.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,310Posts Today

8,220Users online

Martin's Twitter