Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • phillw
    • By phillw 10th Jul 17, 3:41 PM
    • 945Posts
    • 558Thanks
    phillw
    Line Rental Saver Refund
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:41 PM
    Line Rental Saver Refund 10th Jul 17 at 3:41 PM
    Has anyone else who switched due to a price increase had trouble getting a refund of their remaining line rental saver?
Page 1
    • oldagetraveller
    • By oldagetraveller 10th Jul 17, 4:31 PM
    • 2,968 Posts
    • 1,475 Thanks
    oldagetraveller
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:31 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:31 PM
    Is this Plusnet?
    Did you hear about the politician who had a backside transplant? It rejected him.
    • phillw
    • By phillw 10th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    • 945 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    phillw
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    Is this Plusnet?
    Originally posted by oldagetraveller
    Hey, how did you guess? The first call I got them to agree to refund, the second call was to ask why the email said the refund would stop a month short & get them to agree to refund the 12th month. Now I have to wait to see whether they issue a cheque and for how much as they don't have my bank details anymore.
    • boatman
    • By boatman 11th Jul 17, 7:54 AM
    • 3,475 Posts
    • 2,464 Thanks
    boatman
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:54 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 7:54 AM
    Just keep pushing.
    https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 11th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    • 3,263 Posts
    • 1,756 Thanks
    lstar337
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    I never managed it with BT, they are stubborn !!!!!!s.
    • oldagetraveller
    • By oldagetraveller 12th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    • 2,968 Posts
    • 1,475 Thanks
    oldagetraveller
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    "how did you guess."
    Because you said it is Line Rental Saver, i.e. PN's name for upfront anual l.r. payment.
    I don't know if you visit their community forum? This subject comes up on there frequently. There has been a recent post, within the last few weeks, that PN will refund the balance of LRS. I think it was even one of their C.S. reps when a customer phoned about it.
    It was around the time that they were sending out e-mails re the latest price increase.
    But, as boatman advises, persist and you should hopefully win!
    I was considering leaving them because of the price increase but could find nothing to beat my present "deal." If I had done, then I too would have been demanding a refund of the remaining six months. Even with the increased L.R.S, when it's due, I will still be paying less for my fibre broadband and phone than elsewhere.
    Last edited by oldagetraveller; 12-07-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    Did you hear about the politician who had a backside transplant? It rejected him.
    • alanq
    • By alanq 12th Jul 17, 12:50 PM
    • 3,860 Posts
    • 2,479 Thanks
    alanq
    • 12th Jul 17, 12:50 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 12:50 PM
    There has been a recent post, within the last few weeks, that PN will refund the balance of LRS. I think it was even one of their C.S. reps when a customer phoned about it.
    Originally posted by oldagetraveller
    https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Line-Rental-Saver-refund/td-p/1447968
    I'm a Board Guide on the Budgeting and Bank Accounts, Savings & Investments, Food Shopping and Over 50s MoneySaving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert .com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • oldagetraveller
    • By oldagetraveller 13th Jul 17, 11:01 AM
    • 2,968 Posts
    • 1,475 Thanks
    oldagetraveller
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:01 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 11:01 AM
    That's it alanq. I was too lazy to look for it.
    • alanq
    • By alanq 23rd Jul 17, 11:36 AM
    • 3,860 Posts
    • 2,479 Thanks
    alanq
    • 23rd Jul 17, 11:36 AM
    • 23rd Jul 17, 11:36 AM
    Also see 22-07-2017 4:26 PM
    https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Woefully-inadequate-customer-service/m-p/1459932#M77791

Note "If customer doesn’t want to schedule the account close on the day, but advises they wish to cancel due to the price rise the then agent would need to cancel the LRS, refund the pro rata amount and put the customer onto normal monthly line rental in case they don’t decide to leave."
    I'm a Board Guide on the Budgeting and Bank Accounts, Savings & Investments, Food Shopping and Over 50s MoneySaving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert .com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • phillw
    • By phillw 27th Jul 17, 9:05 PM
    • 945 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    phillw
    I eventually got a cheque, which only refunded me up to 15 October (even though I had paid up until 15 November).

Every time I phoned they agreed it was wrong and were going to refund me 17.99, but nothing was ever processed. Today I got a message saying the billing department weren't going to refund it as I'd already been refunded up until the 15 October. So I have to phone back to remind them that I paid until 15th November.

I got put on hold and this time they said that I was due a refund of 7.99. I asked how they calculated it and I was told I'd need to talk to their supervisor, so I said ok & they put me on hold. I left it on hold and after an hour I phoned on the land line, the land line was eventually answered.

Then I explained everything and fingers crossed, after being put on hold while they discussed it with their supervisor they are now going to round it up to 20.00 as a goodwill gesture.

It's not that great a return in terms of the time I've spent, but it became more about the principal anyway. It's just a pity that I couldn't have spoken to this guy at the beginning.

I would love to know if anyone else had a similar experience.
    Last edited by phillw; 27-07-2017 at 9:58 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,176Posts Today

8,463Users online

Martin's Twitter