Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 83SMW
    • By 83SMW 10th Jul 17, 2:43 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    83SMW
    Lost Parcel - Yodel
    • 10th Jul 17, 2:43 PM
    Lost Parcel - Yodel 10th Jul 17 at 2:43 PM
    Hi,

Yodel have lost a parcel I was to receive.

They are stating I would need to raise a claim with the sender but as the sender did not lose this (and as I purchase a great deal online owing to disability and cannot currently identify what is missing therefore do not know who to contact) and as it was Yodel who misplaced the parcel, where do I stand with regards to this?

TIA
Page 1
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 10th Jul 17, 2:51 PM
    • 621 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    cono1717
    • 10th Jul 17, 2:51 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 2:51 PM
    It is the senders responsibility to get the package to you, they would need to take it up with Yodel in the meantime but they need to rectify the situation with you.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 10th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    Hi,

They are stating I would need to raise a claim with the sender but as the sender did not lose this (and as I purchase a great deal online owing to disability and cannot currently identify what is missing therefore do not know who to contact) and as it was Yodel who misplaced the parcel, where do I stand with regards to this?

TIA
    Originally posted by 83SMW
    Did you arrange the courier or the seller?

If the seller arranged the courier then the seller has the contract with the courier, so it is the sellers responsibility to communicate with the courier to find the parcel, and at the same time make sure you received the goods paid for
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 10th Jul 17, 3:20 PM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,549 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:20 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:20 PM
    Hi,

TIA
    Hang on... are you saying that a parcel has been lost but you don't know who the sender was?
    Are you also saying you order so much online you don't know which parcel is missing?

How do you know any parcel is missing?

If it was Yodel that told you they have lost a parcel, then surely Yodel can tell you who the sender was?

By the way, there's an unanswered question on your other thread.
    Last edited by wealdroam; 10-07-2017 at 3:42 PM.
    • 83SMW
    • By 83SMW 10th Jul 17, 3:21 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    83SMW
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:21 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:21 PM
    This is the issue. As stated due to disability I rely on practically all my purchases to be delivered and therefore I presently do not know from where this parcel has been sent although it would have been the seller who arranged delivery.
    • harrys dad
    • By harrys dad 10th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    • 1,812 Posts
    • 2,029 Thanks
    harrys dad
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    So how do you know it is lost?
    • 83SMW
    • By 83SMW 10th Jul 17, 3:47 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    83SMW
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:47 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:47 PM
    A 'Sorry We Missed You' was left in my door. As it was not re-delivered the next day as the card advised I contacted the customer services to be advised it has been lost in transit.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 10th Jul 17, 3:48 PM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,549 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:48 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 3:48 PM
    A 'Sorry We Missed You' was left in my door. As it was not re-delivered the next day as the card advised I contacted the customer services to be advised it has been lost in transit.
    Then I suggest you contact Yodel's Customer Services again and ask them who sent this parcel.
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 10th Jul 17, 5:38 PM
    • 3,090 Posts
    • 8,590 Thanks
    LilElvis
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:38 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:38 PM
    Go through your online orders and check which have been dispatched and which received. The majority of orders I receive have tracking details contained in the email confirming dispatch - one of these will doubtlessly show up as being the one sent via yodel.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,212Posts Today

8,212Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin