Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Morus193
    • By Morus193 10th Jul 17, 2:01 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Morus193
    Standard life myfolio III
    • 10th Jul 17, 2:01 PM
    Standard life myfolio III 10th Jul 17 at 2:01 PM
    Hi everyone,

I have recently opened a S&S ISA with standard life and opened Myfolio III, which seemed like a medium risk investment. I would like to open a higher risk fund also to have one higher risk and one medium risk investment. In addition to myfolio III is it possible to open another fund in the same S&S ISA? I am totally new to this kind of thing so any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Page 1
    • badger09
    • By badger09 10th Jul 17, 2:59 PM
    • 5,122 Posts
    • 4,337 Thanks
    badger09
    • 10th Jul 17, 2:59 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 2:59 PM
    Hi everyone,

I have recently opened a S&S ISA with standard life and opened Myfolio III, which seemed like a medium risk investment. I would like to open a higher risk fund also to have one higher risk and one medium risk investment. In addition to myfolio III is it possible to open another fund in the same S&S ISA? I am totally new to this kind of thing so any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Morus193
    I'm not familiar with the Standard Life platform or its products, but from a quick read here

https://www.standardlife.co.uk/c1/accounts-and-services/isas/easy-option-features.page

it seems that you can choose to invest either in their MyFolio range, or in a much wider range using a DIY approach, or in a mix of both.

This is the norm with S&S ISAs.
    • bostonerimus
    • By bostonerimus 10th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 860 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    bostonerimus
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    You will be charged 1.3% for your ISA. There are far less expensive options. Look at a Vanguard ISA and their multi-asset VLSxx funds. You will be 1% better off immediately.
    Misanthrope in search of similar for mutual loathing
    • Bazofts Revenge
    • By Bazofts Revenge 10th Jul 17, 8:16 PM
    • 294 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    Bazofts Revenge
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:16 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:16 PM
    Standard Life charge 1.03% for a Vanguard Fund! I've enquired as to whether I can transfer some of my fund out but can't close it as I get 3% from my employer into it.
    Solar PV cost £5760 (15/03/13)
    FIT inc + Electricity saved £3500 (61% Paid back) Tax free
    Last update 30/06/17
    • bostonerimus
    • By bostonerimus 10th Jul 17, 9:46 PM
    • 860 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    bostonerimus
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:46 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:46 PM
    Standard Life charge 1.03% for a Vanguard Fund! I've enquired as to whether I can transfer some of my fund out but can't close it as I get 3% from my employer into it.
    Originally posted by Bazofts Revenge
    If you have a workplace pension with Standard Life and don't like the fees then talk to your employer about changing it. The OP has an ISA and so I assume can choose whatever provider they like.
    Misanthrope in search of similar for mutual loathing
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,739Posts Today

6,757Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin