Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cally6008
    • By cally6008 10th Jul 17, 1:56 PM
    • 7,401Posts
    • 11,169Thanks
    cally6008
    GlobalTestMarket are changing marketpoints to Lifepoints
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:56 PM
    GlobalTestMarket are changing marketpoints to Lifepoints 10th Jul 17 at 1:56 PM
    Summer 2017 is bringing lots of exciting changes for GlobalTestMarket and this is an important update. Our incentive plan, MarketPoints will be discontinued from the 25th July and will be replaced by our new plan called LifePoints. This will bring bigger, better and faster opportunities for being rewarded and this is just the beginning as we continue to create a better experience for you.

In the coming months, we will be creating new and exciting ways for you to share opinions relating to various aspects of your life while being rewarded with LifePoints. Our new mobile app is being built and it’s looking good – keep a look out for when it’s launched!

What's the big change?
    Instead of MarketPoints, you will be rewarded with LifePoints, which will be credited to your account in the same way as before, but the LifePoints rewards catalogue has been enhanced to enable you to redeem your LifePoints sooner.

Any existing MarketPoints will be converted to LifePoints, at the following conversion rate:

1 MarketPoint = 3.32 LifePoints
    100 MarketPoints = 332 LifePoints

When is the change?
    The change will take place between the 25th and 27th July. You’ll see the conversion of your MarketPoints into LifePoints in your account history. Any surveys completed before this date will be credited at the old MarketPoints rate.

What happens next?
    Once your MarketPoints are converted to LifePoints, you will be able to redeem them for a wide range of great rewards in our catalogue. Any newly completed surveys will be rewarded with LifePoints. However, for a few days while the change is taking place, the catalogue of rewards will not be available. Please refer to ourHelpCentrefor additional information.

Once the changeover to LifePoints is completed, we will let you know.

Page 2
    • mummyof5
    • By mummyof5 2nd Sep 17, 11:15 AM
    • 318 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    mummyof5
    I only joined this last week so am only familiar with lifepoints.
    Are you all using the app ?
    I have just redeemed 1387 points on there for £40 paypal,but then looking online it says you need 2000 minimum,and the £40 paypal is loads more points than I've just spent so don't think I will get it.
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 2nd Sep 17, 1:34 PM
    • 339 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    I only joined this last week so am only familiar with lifepoints.
    Are you all using the app ?
    I have just redeemed 1387 points on there for £40 paypal,but then looking online it says you need 2000 minimum,and the £40 paypal is loads more points than I've just spent so don't think I will get it.
    Originally posted by mummyof5
    I've not used the app.

How did you redeem 1387 points if 2000 LifePoints is the minimum points threshold?
    • mummyof5
    • By mummyof5 2nd Sep 17, 1:41 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    mummyof5
    on the app there doesn't seem to be a minimum !
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 2nd Sep 17, 5:49 PM
    • 339 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    on the app there doesn't seem to be a minimum !
    Originally posted by mummyof5
    Does the app show your points as MarketPoints or LifePoints?

As you said you redeemed your points for £40 they must have been MarketPoints because 1387 LifePoints is about £12
    • mummyof5
    • By mummyof5 2nd Sep 17, 5:53 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    mummyof5
    Definitely lifepoints. That's what the app is called and that's what I've asked to redeem. Whether they pay it or not is another matter. Not holding my breath !
    • mitchb
    • By mitchb 2nd Sep 17, 7:30 PM
    • 624 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    mitchb
    Wow, can remember when 100 GTM points were the norm for every survey and surveys were 5 - 10 mins max. GTM have really went downhill.
    • mummyof5
    • By mummyof5 9th Sep 17, 12:39 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    mummyof5
    Quick update my points were refunded to me a week after trying to redeem them and the app has now been updated to show the same values as the website !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,342Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin