Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 10th Jul 17, 12:46 PM
    • 5,670Posts
    • 2,609Thanks
    LeeUK
    Citibank Current Account
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:46 PM
    Citibank Current Account 10th Jul 17 at 12:46 PM
    Anyone know if Citibank UK current accounts are still going?

I opened one in 2008 I think it was, got a Visa debit card, cheque book and a deposit slip book for making deposits at LloydsTSB branches.

My Citibank debit card expired years ago and I've never received a new one and my online banking details no longer seem to work either. I'm sure I still had a few pound in the account. Last statement I got from them was 2015 I think.
Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 10th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    • 5,897 Posts
    • 5,855 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    What did you think of the answers when you asked about your old dormant account last year?
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 10th Jul 17, 1:10 PM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 2,609 Thanks
    LeeUK
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:10 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:10 PM
    What did you think of the answers when you asked about your old dormant account last year?
    Originally posted by eskbanker
    Thank you for reminding me about that thread, but it doesn't really answer how I can get a new debit card and maybe use the account to draw out my money. Only about how they are for high net worth folk and US expats now.

• Lith
    • By Lith 10th Jul 17, 1:24 PM
    • 864 Posts
    • 239 Thanks
    Lith
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:24 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:24 PM
    if you know the sort code and account number? just simply phone them up.

or... phone them up and say your card expired and you never got a new one.
    • HSBC (Main A/C)
    • Halifax Back up A/C
    • Lloyds (Spending) A/C
    • RBS Back up A/C
    • Barclays Old A/C
    • Nationwide Old A/C
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 10th Jul 17, 1:56 PM
    • 5,897 Posts
    • 5,855 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:56 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:56 PM
    Thank you for reminding me about that thread, but it doesn't really answer how I can get a new debit card and maybe use the account to draw out my money. Only about how they are for high net worth folk and US expats now.
    Originally posted by LeeUK
    The very first reply advised what you needed to do!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70513381#post70513381
    • stclair
    • By stclair 10th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 6,383 Posts
    • 3,399 Thanks
    stclair
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    Normally if an account is left dormant for a period of time Cards stop. Ring sent (in the RBSG world they do anyway).

From Citibank:

8. Dormant and Lost Accounts

8.1 If there have been no transactions on your Account or Accounts other than transactions initiated by us, and we have not heard from you, for a period of 360 days, we will write to you at your registered address. If you respond indicating you wish your Account or Accounts to remain open, we will continue to treat your Account or Accounts as open.

8.2 If we receive no reply to the enquiry after a period of 90 days, or having had previous correspondence returned as undelivered at your last known registered address, we will classify your Account or Accounts as dormant and will block all deposits and withdrawals and, in order to protect your privacy, will stop sending you information relating to your account.

8.3 If we have classifed your Account or Accounts as dormant, any funds remaining in the Account or Accounts will always remain your property (or if you die it will form part of your estate unless the Account (or Accounts) is a Joint Account, in which case it will pass to the surviving Account Holder(s)). Interest will continue to be paid where it applies to your Account. You can contact us at any time in relation to any funds in a dormant Account you believe to be yours and we will reinstate your Account or Accounts (subject to confirming your identity and entitlement to the funds).

8.4 If you are trying to trace a lost account, you will need to obtain a lost account scheme lea et and claim form from www.bba.org.uk or write to BBA Lost Account Scheme, Pinners Hall, 105-108 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1EX. Alternatively, searches can be made online via www.mylostaccount.org.uk.
    Last edited by stclair; 10-07-2017 at 4:46 PM.
    I Work For the RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 10th Jul 17, 8:28 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 1,317 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:28 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:28 PM
    They've been closing the accounts of anyone that can't meet Citigold criteria. They moved the accounts to the Republic of Ireland too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

686Posts Today

4,430Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin