Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mpegjohn
    • By mpegjohn 10th Jul 17, 12:17 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mpegjohn
    Who provides my P60 after job change
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:17 PM
    Who provides my P60 after job change 10th Jul 17 at 12:17 PM
    Hi,
    I changed my job on the 3rd April this year.
    I have given my new employer a P45.

As it was so close to the year end, who gives me my P60 for last year.

Thanks,
    John.
Page 1
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 10th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    • 5,482 Posts
    • 5,024 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:23 PM
    Hi,
    I changed my job on the 3rd April this year.
    I have given my new employer a P45.

As it was so close to the year end, who gives me my P60 for last year.

Thanks,
    John.
    Originally posted by mpegjohn
    I'm pretty sure you won't get a P60 from your old employer after they've done a P45 for you, as you weren't in their employ at the year end.

And I doubt if you'll get one from your new employer as presumably you didn't get paid between when you started and the end of the tax year.

Is ther any info on that would be on a P60 that isn't on the P45 ? (isn't there a part that you should have retained as well as the part you pass to your new employer ?)
    • ReadingTim
    • By ReadingTim 10th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    • 1,684 Posts
    • 2,439 Thanks
    ReadingTim
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    Your new employer. It will show pay info from your previous employer (which you gave them via the P45), plus what they've paid you from when you started the new job until the end of the tax year. The fact that it's only a couple of days is irrelevant.
    • Dazed and confused
    • By Dazed and confused 10th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    • 1,482 Posts
    • 621 Thanks
    Dazed and confused
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    I think p00hsticks is correct here, you are highly unlikely to get a P60 for the tax year just finished because of the timing of your change in employer.

Would be different if you were paid by the new employer before 6 April 2017.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 12th Jul 17, 8:42 PM
    • 37,489 Posts
    • 33,799 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:42 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 8:42 PM
    I think p00hsticks is correct here, you are highly unlikely to get a P60 for the tax year just finished because of the timing of your change in employer.
    Originally posted by Dazed and confused
    I agree, but also think it's irrelevant and that all the information needed is on the P45.

Would be different if you were paid by the new employer before 6 April 2017.
    Originally posted by Dazed and confused
    Yes, I believe if the OP had been paid before 6 April they would get a P60 from the new employer.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 1 shawl, 2 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure, 1 sock ...
    Current projects: 1 shawl, t'other sock (just about to turn the heel!)
    • Dazed and confused
    • By Dazed and confused 12th Jul 17, 9:47 PM
    • 1,482 Posts
    • 621 Thanks
    Dazed and confused
    • 12th Jul 17, 9:47 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 9:47 PM
    Agree a P60 would be of no more use than the P45 but sometimes the P60 seems to hold more weight, for example with mortgage applications.

Makes no sense but hey ho!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

864Posts Today

7,271Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin