Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • higgledypiggledy_pop
    • By higgledypiggledy_pop 10th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    • 148Posts
    • 47Thanks
    higgledypiggledy_pop
    Can I terminate my tenant's tenancy early for having an unauthorised pet?
    • 10th Jul 17, 11:42 AM
    Can I terminate my tenant's tenancy early for having an unauthorised pet? 10th Jul 17 at 11:42 AM
    I am renting a flat to a couple on a 12 month tenancy agreement. When they applied they did not say anything about having a pet and in the tenancy agreement it states that tenants must get permission for any pets from the landlord first. I have been informed by a neighbour that one of the tenants has been seen going in and out of the flat with a dog, and the dog has also been seen in the garden. I asked the tenants about it and they claimed that it didn't belong to them but was a friend's who had been visiting or had left the dog there for a short time. I told them that I did not want a dog in the flat at all even if it was a friend's and that they should stop allowing the friend to bring the dog in, but it has been seen again since by my neighbour who watches and keeps me informed, when the woman tenant is around she often seems to have the dog with her.
    I think that the dog is probably really theirs or has been staying with them and I don't want it there. How can I go about ending their tenancy for breach of contract? Will I have to obtain proof that the dog is there? Does it matter legally whether it belongs to them or not?
    They also pre-paid all 12 months of their rent before moving in and have eight months remaining on the tenancy, will this make it harder for me to get them out?
Page 12
    • gonebust
    • By gonebust 11th Jul 17, 9:46 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    gonebust
    Ok, I've read the motorhome one before, but what are the chocolate orange and the bag for life ones all about? Can't see anything obvious in search results.
    Originally posted by Red-Squirrel
    The recycled chocolate orange must be two years ago, marriage board, hilarious

I'm waiting for anal bleaching before I score 10
    • leslieknope
    • By leslieknope 11th Jul 17, 9:47 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    leslieknope

Originally posted by gonebust
    i need a link to both of these! it's been a miserable day, i could use a laugh!
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 11th Jul 17, 9:54 PM
    • 10,765 Posts
    • 14,866 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    Chocolate Orange

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery.
    • gonebust
    • By gonebust 11th Jul 17, 9:54 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    gonebust
    i need a link to both of these! it's been a miserable day, i could use a laugh!
    Originally posted by leslieknope
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5149094&highlight=terry+chocolate +orange

The anal bleaching has long been deleted
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Jul 17, 9:58 PM
    • 27,983 Posts
    • 102,054 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Oh dear! Everytime I glance down the list of thread titles, I see this:
    "Can I terminate my tenant's tenancy early for having an uncircumcised pet?"

I really must book an optician's appointment.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • gonebust
    • By gonebust 11th Jul 17, 10:10 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    gonebust
    Do Direwolves need to be circumcised ?

I don't see many of them down the high street
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 11th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    • 1,498 Posts
    • 4,048 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    Some of those replies are genius.

Need to find the bag for life one now, any clues?
    • Lazarus Blackstar
    • By Lazarus Blackstar 11th Jul 17, 11:11 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    Lazarus Blackstar
    Neighbour be like........

More like a nosey old t*at who needs to get a life & stop winding you up & exaggerating.

Although I actually think YOU are winding us up with this inventive story just for attention.
    Good one but you'll never beat the dead dog burried in the garden & dug up story or the caravan in garden thread!!!!
    "The truth is of course is that there is no journey.
    We are arriving and departing all at the same time."

• DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 11th Jul 17, 11:15 PM
    • 29,729 Posts
    • 18,825 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Why not get some help with the tax situation like an accountant if its not something you can handle bit if you say you were self employed then doing the tax etc should b a cinch.

Get a new agent that wont shaft you.
    Do some reading on what being a landlord entails.

And why for the love of god did you rent the flat out, why not live in the property yourself if the contents eg the bed etc was important.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 21-07-2017 at 8:08 AM.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • deannatrois
    • By deannatrois 11th Jul 17, 11:39 PM
    • 4,676 Posts
    • 6,619 Thanks
    deannatrois
    I am sure you are having a general rethink on what you have done and why but I would have thought an accountant would cost a lot less than this agent has done. Have they take 40% of your rental price for doing very little?

While it would be nice to not have this happen in our society, unfortunately if you lay down on the road with the words 'mug' printed on your forehead, someone will come along delighted to treat you as such.

You are obviously intelligent, you value your assets, stop being so careless and lazy about them if you want to keep them. Treat them as they should be treated, with care.
    • leslieknope
    • By leslieknope 11th Jul 17, 11:54 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    leslieknope

i never thought of regifting my choccies. would save money AND calories!!
    • Riggyman
    • By Riggyman 12th Jul 17, 12:23 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    Riggyman
    They know my name, my date of birth and my property's address
    Originally posted by higgledypiggledy_pop
    Are there vampires though?
    • Riggyman
    • By Riggyman 12th Jul 17, 12:24 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    Riggyman
    They know my name, my date of birth and my property's address
    Originally posted by higgledypiggledy_pop

Originally posted by gonebust
    Oh my word!
    • elsien
    • By elsien 12th Jul 17, 12:34 AM
    • 14,889 Posts
    • 37,181 Thanks
    elsien
    I do have to ask myself whether someone who appears not to have needed to work, and has an ancestral pile(ish) and a four poster bed in situ (screwed to the floor no less) as part of a larger inheritance would come anywhere near MSE forums in the first place instead of to the family retainers solicitor/accountant. Lovely though you nice folk are - well, some of you anyway.
    But I would very much miss the OP if they flounced back to chez dire-wolf, so please can we not scare them off.
    Much obliged.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    Some of those replies are genius.

Need to find the bag for life one now, any clues?
    Originally posted by Red-Squirrel
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2636903

I'm also partial to the lady who wasn't emotionally prepared to cook a turkey:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4853230
    • leslieknope
    • By leslieknope 12th Jul 17, 11:38 AM
    • 210 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    leslieknope
    i'm definitely using the 'not emotionally prepared to cook' excuse in the future!
    • leslieknope
    • By leslieknope 12th Jul 17, 12:49 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    leslieknope
    you forgot ladies of the night! it's a victorian gothic bingo card!
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 12th Jul 17, 12:50 PM
    • 7,943 Posts
    • 26,453 Thanks
    fairy lights
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2636903

I'm also partial to the lady who wasn't emotionally prepared to cook a turkey:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4853230
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Ooh remember the woman who was trying to sell her late fathers house, and posted the rightmove listing, and the 'Dad' floral arrangement was dumped in the back garden?
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Jul 17, 12:55 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    Penitent
    Ooh remember the woman who was trying to sell her late fathers house, and posted the rightmove listing, and the 'Dad' floral arrangement was dumped in the back garden?
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    I didn't see that one, but it sounds gloriously funny/awful.
    • nikongirl
    • By nikongirl 12th Jul 17, 7:23 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    nikongirl
    I didn't see that one, but it sounds gloriously funny/awful.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5507210&highlight=dad+flowers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

192Posts Today

1,160Users online

Martin's Twitter