Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • football123
    • By football123 10th Jul 17, 8:39 AM
    • 20Posts
    • 19Thanks
    football123
    Had some bad news
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:39 AM
    Had some bad news 10th Jul 17 at 8:39 AM
    I have just received some bad news, I wasn't going to post on here again but I have just found out that my DLA will be stopping and I will not be getting the money.

I don't know what to do now, i only have £800 and have no job and Im due to go back to college in September? Im 24 with autism

I thought things were supposed to get better
Page 1
    • Prinzessilein
    • By Prinzessilein 10th Jul 17, 9:45 AM
    • 1,828 Posts
    • 8,446 Thanks
    Prinzessilein
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:45 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:45 AM
    Why is your DLA stopping?...

Is it because you will transfer to PiP?...is it because your original claim was via a parent/guardian and now you are older (going to college?) you need to make your own claim?....both these scenarios would still leave the possibility that you will continue to get benefits.

If you are 24 and have no job, have you been claiming JSA or ESA?...has this been cancelled too?

I am Autistic too....and know how things like this can throw you into freefall.

If you could take a deep breath, maybe relax with a cuppa....and then come back and explain exactly what you have been claiming (so, JSA....or ESA (and which group)....and DLA (which sort/level)).....and explain why it has been cancelled (did they send a letter with reasons?) then maybe someone here will be able to tell you the next steps you could make.
    • football123
    • By football123 10th Jul 17, 9:51 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    football123
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:51 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:51 AM
    Hi, after creating this thread I have shown my mum the letter and found out that I got the wrong idea and was just getting stressed out. My benefits are not stopping.

I have not been claiming JSA or ESA but yeah its because I am transferring to PIP. I get stressed sometimes but my mother looked at the letter and told me I don't have to worry
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 10th Jul 17, 6:21 PM
    • 1,225 Posts
    • 1,311 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:21 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:21 PM
    May be worth your mum and you getting help from your local CAB / advice agency to complete the PIP form.

See also:
    http://www.autism.org.uk/about/benefits-care/benefits/pip.aspx
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/before-claiming/if-you-get-dla/

Good luck.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,191Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin