Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Freezit
    • By Freezit 9th Jul 17, 11:57 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Freezit
    Scotland Flashpark PCN
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:57 PM
    Scotland Flashpark PCN 9th Jul 17 at 11:57 PM
    Hi there.

Looking for some advise. The usual Flashpark PCN. I am in Scotland and have been issued with one of theses. The parking is sort of shared between a restraunt and a part of it on the same land is for resident parking. One of my workers was to do a job in one of the homes and when my employee went there, there was only one space left for the resident parking which was took by a customer of the restraunt. My employee phoned the resident and was told to just park in one of the other spaces as they shouldn't have parked there. So my employee did so. Only to receive this in the post a week or so later. The resident had went to the restraunt owner to explain this and in return he was very rude back to her. The only reason I am asking for you help with this as someone else told me the law on this is now changed so I don't now what is right or wrong.

Kind Regards

Freezit
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 17, 12:13 AM
    • 51,538 Posts
    • 65,145 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:13 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:13 AM
    The law has not changed in Scotland (and the law in England is hardly new - 2012).

It would have been quicker to have just searched the forum for the word 'Scotland' rather than start a new thread because the position has not changed. Ignore it. The company can't be liable.

This is also covered in the NEWBIES FAQS thread you'll have read before posting, the one at the top asking all newbies to read it first. Scotland is covered.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Freezit
    • By Freezit 10th Jul 17, 8:05 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Freezit
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:05 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:05 AM
    Hi there
    I had read them but the dates on them were from a few years ago. I just wanted to make sure.
    I had ignored it but they then sent me £85 invoice and said I cannot appeal now. Just wanted to check.
    Many thanks

Freezit
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Jul 17, 9:01 AM
    • 15,548 Posts
    • 24,262 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:01 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 9:01 AM
    Hi there
    I had read them but the dates on them were from a few years ago. I just wanted to make sure.
    I had ignored it but they then sent me £85 invoice and said I cannot appeal now. Just wanted to check.
    Many thanks

Freezit
    Originally posted by Freezit
    The NEWBIES thread was started 'a few years ago', but it is bang up to date - as you will see if you look at the bottom of each post where an edit date is recorded by the system after each update by the author of the thread (and the forum's top expert) Coupon-mad.

The foot of post #1, for example, shows this:
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 30-06-2017 at 5:20 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 10th Jul 17, 10:37 AM
    • 7,787 Posts
    • 7,881 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 10th Jul 17, 10:37 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 10:37 AM
    Originally posted by Freezit
    Err...!

Post one - 30-06-2017
    Post two - 02-07-2017
    Post three - 15-04-2017
    Post four - 28-04-2017
    Post five - 04-03-2017

How did that become "a few years ago?"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 17, 5:37 PM
    • 51,538 Posts
    • 65,145 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:37 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 5:37 PM
    I also say at the start of the NEWBIES thread:

IF YOU WERE WONDERING: ''IS THIS UP TO DATE AS THIS THREAD IS FROM 2013?''

...YES, IT IS. SEE THE DATE LAST EDITED IN 2017 AS SHOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF EVERY POST...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,176Posts Today

8,463Users online

Martin's Twitter