Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Miln
    • By Miln 9th Jul 17, 11:24 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Miln
    Granny died bit of advice please for message to grandad
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:24 PM
    Granny died bit of advice please for message to grandad 9th Jul 17 at 11:24 PM
    Hi all
    Don't have a big family and recently my granny has died. Want to send my grandad a card of condolence but after some advice of roughly how I should word it.
    Obviously I have memories of my granny that I should include but just slightly unsure as what the norm is to word it as this is my first family member death I have experienced. Appreciate any response.

Thank you
    Paul
Page 1
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 10th Jul 17, 1:38 AM
    • 1,033 Posts
    • 641 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:38 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:38 AM
    Is this before or instead of, attending the funeral ? If before, just a few words, you can say the rest on the day ; if instead of ( with good reason ), write more.
    • jackyann
    • By jackyann 11th Jul 17, 5:53 PM
    • 3,054 Posts
    • 5,825 Thanks
    jackyann
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:53 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 5:53 PM
    Lovely thought. Such letters are treasured by those who receive them.

Say how sorry, or sad you are to hear this news.
    Include at least one memory, say you are sure more will be shared at the funeral
    How glad you are that she was part of your life - if there is one quality / skill she especially passed on to you, mention it, such as: Whenever I make cakes, I remember her telling me to beat the butter & sugar until it was light & fluffy; she encouraged me to work hard at school / showed me the names of flowers - you will think of something.

Say that he is in your thoughts, and if appropriate to you both, something from your religion.

Hope that helps - I remember my first condolence letter - now I'm afraid I write too many!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

858Posts Today

7,193Users online

Martin's Twitter