Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fineandandy
    • By fineandandy 9th Jul 17, 10:35 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 18Thanks
    fineandandy
    Quote from someone at CCBC
    • 9th Jul 17, 10:35 PM
    Quote from someone at CCBC 9th Jul 17 at 10:35 PM
    hi all just wanted to pass this on.
    i called the county court business centre on Friday. The conversation went like this

Me: i bet you get quite a lot of these types of cases?

Them: we do indeed

Me: Hundreds?

Them: Hmmm...

Me: Thousands ?

Them: Long Silence

Me: My god thats incredible, scandalous

Them: yes it is

Me: That can't be right something should be done about them wasting your time and using all your budget up.( laughing )

Them: long silence

Me: it must be annoying

Them: i think the more people like you that are brave enough to fight them the better in my opinion.

Me: ok thanks

Them: good luck

Me ok Thank you
    The silences were deafening and it seemed to me they were definitely fed up with the situation of system being hijacked and abused for commercial gain.

so good luck with everyones attempts at fighting back and a huge thank you to everyone who gives up their time to assist in helping those in need on these boards it is a vital resource and lets hope it puts pressure on the law makers to change this nasty self serving and corrupt little industry before it gets out if control, if it isn't already
    Last edited by fineandandy; 09-07-2017 at 10:38 PM. Reason: typing error created emoji
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jul 17, 10:42 PM
    • 14,629 Posts
    • 23,013 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Jul 17, 10:42 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 10:42 PM
    Super post. Thanks for this, I've not seen any previous thread where this sort of interchange with the CCBC has taken place.

It's good to know that there is some recognition, beyond the parking forums, that the private parking skimdustry is getting totally out of control.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • fineandandy
    • By fineandandy 9th Jul 17, 10:50 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    fineandandy
    • 9th Jul 17, 10:50 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 10:50 PM
    you are more than welcome

i thought so too umkomaas it was a thoroughly uplifting conversation and i came away thinking my goodness they must be absolutely sick to the back teeth with them just by the tone of their voice and the slow delivery of the words they used. the silences were the most deliberate and communicative thing i have ever heard !!

take it easy and good luck for future
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Jul 17, 8:07 AM
    • 5,982 Posts
    • 7,699 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:07 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 8:07 AM
    Maybe some reverse Psychology is required to the
    Justice Secretary

Private Parking companies are hijacking the county court system
    and there is nothing you can do about it ?

David Lidington Lord Chancellor and Justice Secretary
    david.lidington.mp@parliament.uk
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,695Posts Today

5,317Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin