Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • madaminx
    • By madaminx 9th Jul 17, 9:40 PM
    • 211Posts
    • 61Thanks
    madaminx
    Bank of Ireland - Structural Survey
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:40 PM
    Bank of Ireland - Structural Survey 9th Jul 17 at 9:40 PM
    Hi everyone

I'm in the process of buying an end terrace in Greater Belfast. House appears to be in generally good structural condition. However BOI have just carried out a valuation survey and require me to instruct a structural engineer to carry out a building survey as there's evidence of sloping floors on the first floor.

This is all new to me and was just wondering if anyone can recommend a structural engineer, have looked for quotes but they all cost an absolute fortune. Possibly thinking of pulling out of the sale.

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks
Page 1
    • duggan1
    • By duggan1 10th Jul 17, 11:37 AM
    • 396 Posts
    • 254 Thanks
    duggan1
    • 10th Jul 17, 11:37 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 11:37 AM
    Hi everyone

I'm in the process of buying an end terrace in Greater Belfast. House appears to be in generally good structural condition. However BOI have just carried out a valuation survey and require me to instruct a structural engineer to carry out a building survey as there's evidence of sloping floors on the first floor.

This is all new to me and was just wondering if anyone can recommend a structural engineer, have looked for quotes but they all cost an absolute fortune. Possibly thinking of pulling out of the sale.

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks
    Originally posted by madaminx
    Can't recommend anyone in particular but it should cost quite a bit.
    • saverbuyer
    • By saverbuyer 10th Jul 17, 12:18 PM
    • 2,443 Posts
    • 1,401 Thanks
    saverbuyer
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:18 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:18 PM
    You're probably looking at £500 plus.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,739Posts Today

8,064Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin