Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stressedofdevon
    • By stressedofdevon 9th Jul 17, 9:30 PM
    • 1,185Posts
    • 7,420Thanks
    stressedofdevon
    0 WOW
    Revolut T&C Change?
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:30 PM
    0 WOW
    Revolut T&C Change? 9th Jul 17 at 9:30 PM
    MSE is still recommending Revolut for overseas spending but I have just seen this on another forum; "I've just logged into my Revolut app for an upcoming trip, and there has been an update to terms and conditions. It seems that Revolut has been taken over or something by Wireless Card solutions, and in their new T&Cs it says the following: 1.4 The card is an e-money product, and as such it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. In the unlikely event that Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd becomes insolvent, your funds may become valueless and unusable, and as a result you may lose your money."

Does this mean money is no longer safe on a Revolut card? I remember Martin saying on a recent tv show it was ringfenced in a Barclays account but does this mean it's no longer protected?
Page 1
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 9th Jul 17, 9:36 PM
    • 8,698 Posts
    • 13,269 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:36 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:36 PM
    I've moved onto Monzo now. Still have Revolut as a back up but haven't used it this year.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 10th Jul 17, 6:58 AM
    • 2,915 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:58 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:58 AM
    Nothing's changed, except someone read the T&Cs. Most such cards use Wirecard for payment processing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,481Posts Today

8,485Users online

Martin's Twitter