Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • trebor51
    • By trebor51 9th Jul 17, 6:32 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    trebor51
    Debt Collection, two and a half years on
    • 9th Jul 17, 6:32 PM
    Debt Collection, two and a half years on 9th Jul 17 at 6:32 PM
    Way back at the beginning of 2015 I posted looking for advice regarding a parking charge notification I had received from Euro Car Parks Ltd. As the alleged infringement took place in Scotland, I also live there, the advice was ignore all letters, which I did. Surprisingly I received fewer than I expected with the last letter December 2015. I thought that was the end of it as I had received no further letters until this week a letter from Zenith Collections arrived stating the debt recovery has now been passed to them and "it is our intention to collect this debt and pursue it to a legal conclusion if necessary".

A few questions if you don't mind.
    Are Zenith and Euro Car Parks one and the same?
    What would the advice be on how to respond, or not to Zenith, continue to ignore?
    Is it uncommon to receive such notification this long after the original charge?
    Finally, does this mean I am likely to get another round of letters asking, demanding payment?
    Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jul 17, 6:40 PM
    • 48,050 Posts
    • 61,509 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Jul 17, 6:40 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 6:40 PM
    As the alleged infringement took place in Scotland, I also live there, the advice was ignore all letters,
    Still is!

Are Zenith and Euro Car Parks one and the same?
    Nope, Zenith are aka Debt Recovery plus, as post #4 of the NEWBIES thread tells you, with an amusing link to an old thread.

Is it uncommon to receive such notification this long after the original charge?
    Nope, they are all desperately trying to scrape the barrel with late scary letters. Yes, you will get more.

Ignore.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• trebor51
    • By trebor51 9th Jul 17, 6:52 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    trebor51
    • 9th Jul 17, 6:52 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 6:52 PM
    Thanks for the very quick response.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Jul 17, 7:36 PM
    • 14,734 Posts
    • 18,512 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Jul 17, 7:36 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 7:36 PM
    the statue (time out) is 5 years in Scotland

keep ignoring
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 9th Jul 17, 7:42 PM
    • 2,216 Posts
    • 3,300 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 9th Jul 17, 7:42 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 7:42 PM
    When DRP send the Zenith letters it's a sign they are throwing in the towel, you will get a couple of these usually with a desperate reduced offer.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,769Posts Today

7,317Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin