Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wildsurf
    • By Wildsurf 9th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 101Posts
    • 28Thanks
    Wildsurf
    Consumer rights - Disneyworld tivkets
    • 9th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    Consumer rights - Disneyworld tivkets 9th Jul 17 at 5:21 PM
    We paid a deposit for 2018 Disneyworld tickets last week. Are we entitled to cancel under 14 day cooling off period. The agent are telling us this is not applicable.

We want to cancel because we have subsequently found cheaper tickets, but they are refusing to honour their price match guarantee on the grounds they'd lose money if they did.
Page 1
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 9th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    • 9,433 Posts
    • 10,598 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 9th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    Provided that the tickets are for a specific date then the agent is correct.
    There is an exemption to the right of cancellation for items such as tickets that are for specific dates or times:
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/regulation/28/made

Limits of application: circumstances excluding cancellation

28.—(1) This Part does not apply as regards the following—
    (h) the supply of accommodation, transport of goods, vehicle rental services, catering or services related to leisure activities, if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance.
    However, it's possible that you might have grounds for a chargeback or Section 75 claim (depending on how you paid) if you can show that the agent is refusing to honour their own price promise guarantee, a guarantee that would form one of the terms of the contract of sale.
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 9th Jul 17, 5:30 PM
    • 3,474 Posts
    • 2,877 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    • 9th Jul 17, 5:30 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 5:30 PM
    No, event tickets are exempt from 'change of mind' consumer laws.

The time to shop around is before purchase, not after - the agent have probably already paid for your tickets.
    • Wildsurf
    • By Wildsurf 9th Jul 17, 6:03 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Wildsurf
    • 9th Jul 17, 6:03 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 6:03 PM
    I accept these are event tickets, but they are valid for an entire year so not exactly a specific date. In addition they certainly haven't ordered them yet as their website says the tickets are not secured until you pay the final balance and are only then sent out from America.

Does any of this make a difference or not?
    • Wildsurf
    • By Wildsurf 9th Jul 17, 6:08 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Wildsurf
    • 9th Jul 17, 6:08 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 6:08 PM
    The time to shop around is before purchase, not after - the agent have probably already paid for your tickets.
    Originally posted by mattyprice4004
    Per the agents website this was a no lose deal as they would match any cheaper price between date of paying deposit and when balance was due. They were cheapest 1 week ago by quite a margin, but we can now save just short of £200 and they are not honouring their guarantee.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 9th Jul 17, 7:06 PM
    • 15,266 Posts
    • 11,087 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 9th Jul 17, 7:06 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 7:06 PM
    Which company was it?
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 9th Jul 17, 7:24 PM
    • 11,278 Posts
    • 8,492 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 9th Jul 17, 7:24 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 7:24 PM
    I accept these are event tickets, but they are valid for an entire year so not exactly a specific date. In addition they certainly haven't ordered them yet as their website says the tickets are not secured until you pay the final balance and are only then sent out from America.

Does any of this make a difference or not?
    Originally posted by Wildsurf
    As shaun said, if the tickets are for a specific date, then you wouldn't be able to cancel. I wouldn't say tickets valid for x days entry any point in 2018 would be exempt though.

The exemption from the right to cancel would cover them if the tickets could only be used on 22/05/2018 for example. Or if you had booked 2 weeks car hire starting on 5/7/18. But there is no specific date or period of performance here so they can't rely on that exemption.

Per the agents website this was a no lose deal as they would match any cheaper price between date of paying deposit and when balance was due. They were cheapest 1 week ago by quite a margin, but we can now save just short of £200 and they are not honouring their guarantee.
    If they advertised the tickets on that basis then inform them that their price guarantee forms part of the contract and if they are going to breach the terms of that contract, you will be submitting a claim for damages. However also point out that if they accept your cancellation under the CCRs, you can then get the tickets cheaper and they get to avoid a claim for damages.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • Wildsurf
    • By Wildsurf 9th Jul 17, 7:35 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Wildsurf
    • 9th Jul 17, 7:35 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 7:35 PM
    Which company was it?
    Originally posted by hollydays
    Attraction Tickets Direct
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 9th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    • 15,266 Posts
    • 11,087 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 9th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    We believe that the prices of attraction tickets on our website represent excellent value. Consequently, if you book and pay in full via Attraction Tickets Direct and subsequently find the same theme park tickets cheaper elsewhere, we will pay you the difference in price. Likewise, if you are yet to book and find the exact same tickets cheaper, we will match the price! We will pay you any difference in price if you find available to buy other than through us, the same arrangements as we have confirmed to you. This promise is subject to: Your notification in writing to us of the cheaper price, within 7 days of your receipt of our confirmation of your booking. Our validation (at our absolute discretion) that the cheaper price found elsewhere, is in respect of arrangements that are exactly the same, on the same departure dates, departure points and for the same duration and be fulfilled in the same manner (eg voucher/hard copy tickets) as your confirmed booking with us. The ticket being a real ticket, not a voucher or “e-ticket” (in cases where we supply real tickets). The ticket price being based on a single ticket (this price guarantee excludes group discounts). Our reserved right to withdraw any added value (eg payment on deposit or free gift) that we would normally send with the tickets. Special discount offers or promotional ticket prices are excluded from this guarantee. Tickets must be new and in stock for purchase on that same day and the price we match must be bookable on that day. The cheaper price must be inclusive of all additional charges such as credit card processing fees and delivery costs. The cheaper price must be in pounds sterling and be available to book at the time you notify us of it.The Price match guarantee will not apply in conjunction with our win / win deposit offer
    • meer53
    • By meer53 9th Jul 17, 7:52 PM
    • 8,822 Posts
    • 12,801 Thanks
    meer53
    Consequently, if you book and pay in full

OP you said you paid a deposit ? So you didn't pay in full at the time of booking ? Are the tickets exactly the same ? There are numerous variations on Disney Tickets.
    • Wildsurf
    • By Wildsurf 9th Jul 17, 7:55 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Wildsurf
    We believe that the prices of attraction tickets on our website represent excellent value. Consequently, if you book and pay in full via Attraction Tickets Direct and subsequently find the same theme park tickets cheaper elsewhere, we will pay you the difference in price. Likewise, if you are yet to book and find the exact same tickets cheaper, we will match the price! We will pay you any difference in price if you find available to buy other than through us, the same arrangements as we have confirmed to you. This promise is subject to: Your notification in writing to us of the cheaper price, within 7 days of your receipt of our confirmation of your booking. Our validation (at our absolute discretion) that the cheaper price found elsewhere, is in respect of arrangements that are exactly the same, on the same departure dates, departure points and for the same duration and be fulfilled in the same manner (eg voucher/hard copy tickets) as your confirmed booking with us. The ticket being a real ticket, not a voucher or “e-ticket” (in cases where we supply real tickets). The ticket price being based on a single ticket (this price guarantee excludes group discounts). Our reserved right to withdraw any added value (eg payment on deposit or free gift) that we would normally send with the tickets. Special discount offers or promotional ticket prices are excluded from this guarantee. Tickets must be new and in stock for purchase on that same day and the price we match must be bookable on that day. The cheaper price must be inclusive of all additional charges such as credit card processing fees and delivery costs. The cheaper price must be in pounds sterling and be available to book at the time you notify us of it.The Price match guarantee will not apply in conjunction with our win / win deposit offer
    Originally posted by hollydays
    Just read that myself. Not what they told me over phone, they clearly said that if there was a cheaper offer on their website or a competitors they would adjust our booking price if we could evidence it. I note though they exclude special offers and promotions which gives them another get out
    • Wildsurf
    • By Wildsurf 9th Jul 17, 8:14 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Wildsurf
    Consequently, if you book and pay in full

OP you said you paid a deposit ? So you didn't pay in full at the time of booking ? Are the tickets exactly the same ? There are numerous variations on Disney Tickets.
    Originally posted by meer53
    I did pay a deposit and as per my other post the T&C's contradict what they told me on phone. Never believe a salesperson! Interestingly though they are not relying on their T&C's when I speak to them, but saying the offer I want to match with is below their cost and therefore it is impossible to match.

They are also telling me all travel products are exempt from 14 day cooling off period.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 9th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 15,266 Posts
    • 11,087 Thanks
    hollydays
    I did pay a deposit and as per my other post the T&C's contradict what they told me on phone. Never believe a salesperson! Interestingly though they are not relying on their T&C's when I speak to them, but saying the offer I want to match with is below their cost and therefore it is impossible to match.

They are also telling me all travel products are exempt from 14 day cooling off period.

You could try asking on livechat about a pretend enquiry and see what they say about the price match but it's likely they'll send you a link to the t& cs
    Last edited by hollydays; 11-07-2017 at 7:41 AM.
    • meer53
    • By meer53 10th Jul 17, 10:05 AM
    • 8,822 Posts
    • 12,801 Thanks
    meer53
    Just read that myself. Not what they told me over phone, they clearly said that if there was a cheaper offer on their website or a competitors they would adjust our booking price if we could evidence it. I note though they exclude special offers and promotions which gives them another get out
    Most price match promises state products have to be like for like and that promotions and offers are excluded. Always read the t & c's BEFORE booking. I've never paid a deposit for tickets before, i've always paid in full at the time of booking as i usually book them as near to the time of the holiday as possible. I shop around until the last minute. Lesson learned i think ?
    Last edited by meer53; 10-07-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 10th Jul 17, 10:47 AM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    naedanger
    As others have said this is not true. (Only some travel products are exempt i.e. those on specified dates.)

How did you pay e.g. credit card, debit card etc?
    • Wildsurf
    • By Wildsurf 10th Jul 17, 1:13 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Wildsurf
    As others have said this is not true. (Only some travel products are exempt i.e. those on specified dates.)

How did you pay e.g. credit card, debit card etc?
    Originally posted by naedanger
    Credit card
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 10th Jul 17, 1:16 PM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    naedanger
    Credit card
    Then I suggest you make a section 75 claim against your credit card provider:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases
    • meer53
    • By meer53 10th Jul 17, 8:48 PM
    • 8,822 Posts
    • 12,801 Thanks
    meer53
    Then I suggest you make a section 75 claim against your credit card provider:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases
    Claim for what ?
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 10th Jul 17, 8:55 PM
    • 2,184 Posts
    • 1,768 Thanks
    naedanger
    Claim for what ?
    Originally posted by meer53
    The right to cancel and return of deposit.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Jul 17, 9:04 PM
    • 59,076 Posts
    • 41,869 Thanks
    soolin
    The right to cancel and return of deposit.
    The link above though doesn't cover change of mind refunds in non eligible situations.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,043Posts Today

5,272Users online

Martin's Twitter