Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TyreLever
    • By TyreLever 9th Jul 17, 4:22 PM
    • 101Posts
    • 42Thanks
    TyreLever
    How do you insert multi quotes?
    • 9th Jul 17, 4:22 PM
    How do you insert multi quotes? 9th Jul 17 at 4:22 PM
    When I click to quote multiple replies, I see no option to add them to my text.
Page 1
    • edwink
    • By edwink 9th Jul 17, 4:29 PM
    • 1,602 Posts
    • 11,595 Thanks
    edwink
    • 9th Jul 17, 4:29 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 4:29 PM
    When I click to quote multiple replies, I see no option to add them to my text.
    Originally posted by TyreLever
    Before you start your post click on the orange and pink balloons on the right of the QUOTE button of the post you want to quote from and you will see that it gets a tick. Then move on to the next post you wish to quote from and again click the orange and pink balloons then click quote on that post too. That way you will get both posts quoted in a new post where you can then add your text.

HTH
    Last edited by edwink; 09-07-2017 at 10:09 PM.
    3.36 kWp system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solar Edge Inverter
    7 ducks ~ 14 hens ~ 1 handsome Cockerel
    2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing Hybrid Toyota Auris car

Hens & ducks chat thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 10th Jul 17, 4:51 PM
    • 3,394 Posts
    • 1,333 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:51 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:51 PM
    To clarify, once you have selected the multiple posts you wish to quote as described by edwink, you then need to use the 'Post Reply' button found at the top or bottom LHS of a thread to start your reply
    (i.e it doesn't automatically go to reply as it does with the single quote button
    Nor can you use the quick reply form at the bottom of a thread))
    • edwink
    • By edwink 10th Jul 17, 7:48 PM
    • 1,602 Posts
    • 11,595 Thanks
    edwink
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:48 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:48 PM
    Before you start your post click on the orange and pink balloons on the right of the QUOTE button of the post you want to quote from and you will see that it gets a tick. Then move on to the next post you wish to quote from and again click the orange and pink balloons then click quote on that post too. That way you will get both posts quoted in a new post where you can then add your text.

HTH
    Originally posted by edwink
    To clarify, once you have selected the multiple posts you wish to quote as described by edwink, you then need to use the 'Post Reply' button found at the top or bottom LHS of a thread to start your reply
    (i.e it doesn't automatically go to reply as it does with the single quote button
    Nor can you use the quick reply form at the bottom of a thread))
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Thanks I didn't know that. I always used the "quote" button after ticking the balloons but just tried it and it works both ways.

Edwink
    3.36 kWp system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solar Edge Inverter
    7 ducks ~ 14 hens ~ 1 handsome Cockerel
    2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing Hybrid Toyota Auris car

Hens & ducks chat thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th Jul 17, 9:53 AM
    • 27,372 Posts
    • 99,491 Thanks
    Pyxis
    • 19th Jul 17, 9:53 AM
    • 19th Jul 17, 9:53 AM
    I've found I can only quote a maximum of three quotes.

Is that right?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

177Posts Today

1,317Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin