Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paul207
    • By paul207 9th Jul 17, 12:13 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    paul207
    Parking Charge Notice
    • 9th Jul 17, 12:13 PM
    Parking Charge Notice 9th Jul 17 at 12:13 PM
    I have received one of these notices and want to appeal as I had a valid parking ticket. Unfortunately, it was a very windy day and blew off the dashboard, thus breaking their terms and conditions.
    In order to appeal this has to be done online. At this stage you have to give all your personal details. If I register as the vehicle keeper and give them my name and address am I admitting liability?
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    No.

Are you using the advice in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum on how to deal with this?
    • paul207
    • By paul207 19th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    paul207
    • 19th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    • 19th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    I have just received an e mail rejecting my appeal. They have given me 21 days to appeal to the IAS. Not sure how to approach the appeal. I have read lots of the threads but still confused. Any advice would be appreciated.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 19th Jul 17, 9:37 AM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 19th Jul 17, 9:37 AM
    • 19th Jul 17, 9:37 AM
    The newbies FAQ thread gives advice on the futility of an IAS appeal
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jul 17, 10:37 AM
    • 50,101 Posts
    • 63,484 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Jul 17, 10:37 AM
    • 19th Jul 17, 10:37 AM
    I have just received an e mail rejecting my appeal. They have given me 21 days to appeal to the IAS. Not sure how to approach the appeal. I have read lots of the threads but still confused. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Originally posted by paul207
    Confused about not doing a IAS kangaroo court appeal and losing? The NEWBIES thread explains in post #3 why not to bother. And post #4 tells you to ignore debt letters, and post #2 tells you about how to defend, if a PPC eventually try a small claim.

It's all there.in the sticky thread, advice & examples for every stage. Is this Armtrac or another Cornwall load of shysters? They deliberately use flimsy paper and know that the car parks are too windy for a paper system. But the IAS is not worth trying.

Ignore, and come back if they try a claim. No biggie!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,620Posts Today

6,083Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin