Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ynlos76
    • By ynlos76 9th Jul 17, 11:05 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    ynlos76
    UKPC - Parking Charge Leeds
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:05 AM
    UKPC - Parking Charge Leeds 9th Jul 17 at 11:05 AM
    Dear all.

A Parking Charge was sent by UKPC to me due to my car being parked on the 29.05.2017 at Crown Point Shopping Park in Leeds.

To explain in more detail Together with the family we were shopping at Crown Point so we spent a bit more time than normal, when we got back to the car we received a penalty charge for overtime.

After checking your website and the newbies forum, I finally make an appeal to UKPC using one of the formats which I found on your website.I also tried contacting the manager of Crown Point to cancel the fine but they did not answer me yet.
    Now I got another letter from them to ask me who was the driver at the date of accident (copy letter attached below ).They have not provided me with any POPLA number.I am very confused and have started to feel a bit at unease.
    Should I tell them who was the driver? or not respond and wait what will happen next.

Thanks for all the answers and help.

Thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the above Parking Charge.

In order to make a final decision regarding your appeal, please can you provide the full name and address of the
    driver to our Appeals Department Within l4 days of the date of this letter.

Paragraph 9(2)(b) of schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, states that we must inform the registered keeper that the driver of o vehicle is required to pay the parking charge in full. It also notes that as we do not know the driver's name or current postal address the registered keeper, if they were not the driver at the time, should inform the operator (i.e. us) of the name and current address on the driver and pass the notice to them.

The Act also warns that if, at the end of the period of 28 days (beginning with the day after the Parking Charge is sent), the parking charge has not been paid in full and the operator does not know both the name and current
    address of the driver, the operator has the right to recover any unpaid part of the parkinq charge from the
    registered keeper. This warning is given under Paragraph 9(2)(for of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act
    2012 end is subject to us complying with the applicable under Schedule 4 of that Act (which we consider we do comply with , to the letter).

All of our signage is fully compliant with the guidelines set out within the BPA Code of Practice and we reject the
    notion that it is in any way unclear or ambiguous.
    Failure to provide this information will give us no alternative other than to make our final decision based on the
    previous information received, at this stage a POPLA verification code will be provided.

Further correspondence can be sent to our postal address below or on our website at
    Please can you ensure that your parking charge details are attached when sending further correspondence.

The Parking Charge has been on hold whilst under appeal and may be settled in full at the reduced rate of £60.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER. UKPC REGULARLY TAKES MOTORISTS TO COURT WHO IGNORE
    THEIR PARKING CHARGES.

Yours faithfully,

Appeals Department
    UK Parking Control Limited
    UK

Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Jul 17, 11:07 AM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,839 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:07 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:07 AM
    You never reveal who was driving.

In view of that edit your op to remove details of who was driving.

Ignore the letter and await your popla code
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    • 7,006 Posts
    • 6,077 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    Have you read this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • ynlos76
    • By ynlos76 9th Jul 17, 12:12 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ynlos76
    • 9th Jul 17, 12:12 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 12:12 PM
    Thank you for all the replies guys.
    In that case I will wait for the POPLA code and then I'll come back if I have other questions.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

738Posts Today

5,949Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin