Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • *Kat*
    • By *Kat* 9th Jul 17, 9:37 AM
    • 1,734Posts
    • 619Thanks
    *Kat*
    Date of default 10/07/2011- when will it be removed from my credit file?
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:37 AM
    Date of default 10/07/2011- when will it be removed from my credit file? 9th Jul 17 at 9:37 AM
    I think it's this year, will it be when they refresh the report, or do you think I'll have to contact them?
    Weight loss to date: 7lbs
    Money made selling junk on ebay : £87.93

Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th Jul 17, 9:54 AM
    • 13,224 Posts
    • 13,535 Thanks
    zx81
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:54 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 9:54 AM
    It's automatically removed after 6 years.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 9th Jul 17, 11:08 AM
    • 11,973 Posts
    • 11,462 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:08 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:08 AM
    Some credit reference agencies update sooner then others, but the entry will just disappear after this month yes.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Westminster
    • By Westminster 9th Jul 17, 1:55 PM
    • 786 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    Westminster
    • 9th Jul 17, 1:55 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 1:55 PM
    It could take up to a month (mine did) depending on the update cycle if each CRA.

Frustrating when you have already waited 6 years, but it will be gone by this time next month without any intervention on your part.
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the following boards: Mortgages & Endowments, Mortgage-Free Wannabe, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving and Charities.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts on there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • *Kat*
    • By *Kat* 9th Jul 17, 4:03 PM
    • 1,734 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    *Kat*
    • 9th Jul 17, 4:03 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 4:03 PM
    Thanks everyone
    Weight loss to date: 7lbs
    Money made selling junk on ebay : £87.93

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,331Posts Today

8,300Users online

Martin's Twitter