Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bubble20
    • By Bubble20 8th Jul 17, 4:50 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bubble20
    Highview PCN Norwich
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:50 PM
    Highview PCN Norwich 8th Jul 17 at 4:50 PM
    Hi

I have received a parking charge from Highview that states the driver overstayed by 24 mins and that if the £70 is not paid within 28 days (reduced to 42 if paid within 14) a debt recovery charge will be incurred. It also states that the driver is required to pay the charge in the timeframe stipulated and that if that is not me I am to provide their name and address.

So I read this thread forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5612169
    (MSM won't let me post the whole link so I took http bit out)

and am thinking of using the template to appeal the notice but I'm confused as to what grounds the template is appealing on/what it means.

Any advice on whether this template is suitable for me to use and if not what I should do, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jul 17, 4:53 PM
    • 48,302 Posts
    • 61,781 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:53 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:53 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5612169

Go for it, we want you to do this in working hours on Monday morning and beat the 2 hour record!

I'm confused as to what grounds the template is appealing on/what it means.
    The template is saying - ''I'm the registered keeper. Tough, I'm not liable and I won't be telling you who was driving!''

YES it is suitable for all Highview PCNs, every time. Please join in the fun '2 hour challenge'.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Jul 17, 4:54 PM
    • 39,748 Posts
    • 79,553 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:54 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:54 PM
    The BPA template in blue is a one size fits all to get a PoPLA code.

However, Highview have worked out that that specific template means they know they will lose at PoPLA, which costs them money, so they cave in as soon as they see it.

See if you can beat the cancelled within 2 hours of submission record currently here on SE.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Bubble20
    • By Bubble20 8th Jul 17, 5:19 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bubble20
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:19 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:19 PM
    Thanks for your advice.

My main concern is they will reject the appeal as they may have closed the 'loophole/condition' that made it possible to use, that's not the case is it?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jul 17, 5:24 PM
    • 48,302 Posts
    • 61,781 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:24 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:24 PM
    Nope.

It's not a loophole.

Highview do not use the wording needed from para 9 of schedule 4 of the POFA 2012. They CHOOSE not to, and they don't always send the PCN to be received by day 15, either.

Check for yourself, the link is in post #1 of the NEWBIES thread where it says (paraphrasing) 'if you want to dig deeper, here's Sch4 of the POFA 2012'. Look at 9(2)f in particular, then search your PCN for that wording - it is not there.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,590Posts Today

5,769Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin