Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shegull
    • By Shegull 8th Jul 17, 4:43 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Shegull
    Plinth Over Garage
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:43 PM
    Plinth Over Garage 8th Jul 17 at 4:43 PM
    Help needed please! A wooden plinth has fallen off of my garage right above the door, approx 10 cms wide. It was previously held on to a metal lintel with glue, but I'm not sure I can refix it with glue as there is nowhere to put a clamp! It's a real puzzle (I know nothing about DIY), the rain can currently get in too & I need to refix it asap, but don't want the expense of a professional if poss for such a small job. I'd be very grateful for any helpful advice, thank you.
Page 1
    • Furts
    • By Furts 8th Jul 17, 5:03 PM
    • 3,553 Posts
    • 2,215 Thanks
    Furts
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:03 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:03 PM
    A tube of Gripfill (in a green tube, not the water based product) and a cheap skeleton gun costs perhaps under £10 at Screwfix or Toolstation. Gripfill is a grab adhesive so you may be able to use just this without any clamps, Or you hold the piece for a while whilst the Gripfill cures. Or you push the piece back into place if it slips whilst curing
    • Shegull
    • By Shegull 8th Jul 17, 5:11 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shegull
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:11 PM
    Thank You
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:11 PM
    Thanks so much for taking the time & effort to respond, we've been completely baffled, it's very much appreciated and will be a relief to get it finally fixed, cheers
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 9th Jul 17, 11:02 AM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 1,112 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:02 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:02 AM
    Make sure you wear Nitrile (or similar) gloves as Gripfill is difficult to remove from your hands.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

132Posts Today

1,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin