Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Blondegwen
    • By Blondegwen 8th Jul 17, 2:46 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Blondegwen
    Short term contents insurance
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:46 PM
    Short term contents insurance 8th Jul 17 at 2:46 PM
    I will soon be moving in to temporary rented accomodation whilst I wait for a house purchase to go through. Does anyone know of a reputable company that will cover my contents for a few months?
Page 1
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 8th Jul 17, 3:34 PM
    • 20,281 Posts
    • 12,523 Thanks
    dacouch
    • 8th Jul 17, 3:34 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 3:34 PM
    There aren't really any companies who offer this as it's is perceived to be very high risk by Insurers as it would attract a lot of fraudulent claims. In addition Insurer tend to lose money in the first year and hope to renew customers for a second year so they can make money which they do not get a chance to do for temporary home Insurance customers.

The easiest and cheapest option for you would be to take out a contents policy with an Insurer who offer a good price / cover for the rental property but who are also competitive on your purchased home.

You can simply swop the properties over when you move and then when the contents Insurance is due for renewal next year, you can add it to your Buildings Insurance if you want a combined policy or simply look for a cheaper contents only policy.

Avoid Swintons
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,724Posts Today

7,582Users online

Martin's Twitter