Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ps124
    • By ps124 8th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    • 89Posts
    • 11Thanks
    ps124
    Virgin Media Phone Line Problem
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    Virgin Media Phone Line Problem 8th Jul 17 at 2:13 PM
    Hi Guys, need some help in dealing with Virgin Media.

I've had a fault with my phone line for over 6 months now where it stops receiving calls, and i can't dial out. I then have to log a fault and the virgin media engineer comes out, does something in the cabinet on the street and then it starts working again - only for a short time and the cycle repeats itself.

Virgin media fault department are a bloody nightmare to deal with. Each time they only seem to log the same fault and arrange an engineer visit. Each time a different engineer comes out without any background knowledge of the fault, does the same thing as the previous guy and the cycle continues.

I've logged two complaints with the faults team (First one they closed after 8 weeks), I've asked to be passed to a manager, I've asked to be passed to the "networks" department, none of which they did but nothing else seems to happen. Each time they give me the same waffle about "we can't do anything without and engineer coming out". My request to them is whatever the engineer is doing seems to be short term, if they know what the problem is in the cabinet, why don't they fix it properly.

I don't really want to cancel my services with them because I have a good deal and it's reliable (I work from home most of the time).

What else can I do to get them to take this fault seriously and do something else other just keep logging the same fault?

Any advice or sharing of experiences would be welcome.
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 8th Jul 17, 4:09 PM
    • 9,441 Posts
    • 3,858 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:09 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:09 PM
    (I work from home most of the time)

Does that mean its a business account ?? with service level agreements ??
    • Buzby
    • By Buzby 8th Jul 17, 4:38 PM
    • 8,052 Posts
    • 2,948 Thanks
    Buzby
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:38 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:38 PM
    Obviously not a business account with SLA, but if as flakey as you describe- provide faults with a list of outage dates and if more than three, demand remedial action. There is no time on a fault report to review the line history which is why it's not being picked up.
    • Pikeyp
    • By Pikeyp 9th Jul 17, 2:18 AM
    • 433 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    Pikeyp
    • 9th Jul 17, 2:18 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 2:18 AM
    Have you tried posting your problems at the community forum? , might get a better response than other avenues!

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/CommunityHubForums
    • ps124
    • By ps124 12th Jul 17, 12:56 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    ps124
    • 12th Jul 17, 12:56 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 12:56 AM
    Hi thanks for the replies. It's not a business line with SLAs.

The fault has happened 4-5 times now and it doesn't matter what I demand on the phone to them, no matter even if I log a complaint, they just do naff all.

If I make any demands on the phone, the customer rep says the same thing "Can't do anything until an engineer comes out", and the engineer does the same fix in the cabinet until it re-occurs.

I'll try and post something in the community forums - good idea.

Any other suggestions guys?
    • Buzby
    • By Buzby 19th Jul 17, 11:31 AM
    • 8,052 Posts
    • 2,948 Thanks
    Buzby
    • 19th Jul 17, 11:31 AM
    • 19th Jul 17, 11:31 AM
    You are dealing with 2 different departments and making 'demands' (irrespective of which network it is) rarely achieves a solution. Engineers repair and rarely investigate unless asked. As you cannot directly speak to the engineer who will have a probable 20m timeslot to effect a fix.

CS is the only way forward - ask them to review the issue and the dates, and suggest (not demand) someone reviews this issue with a view for a permanent fix.
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 19th Jul 17, 11:36 AM
    • 8,304 Posts
    • 12,590 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 19th Jul 17, 11:36 AM
    • 19th Jul 17, 11:36 AM

Any other suggestions guys?
    Originally posted by ps124
    https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/switching/phone.html
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,533Posts Today

7,046Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin