Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • maddogb
    • By maddogb 8th Jul 17, 1:47 PM
    • 436Posts
    • 66Thanks
    maddogb
    confused over ebay-paypal-section 75 cover
    • 8th Jul 17, 1:47 PM
    confused over ebay-paypal-section 75 cover 8th Jul 17 at 1:47 PM
    Now there are many mentions on the internet about this but..
    no where does it appear to cover the fact that ALL purchases on ebay seem to be taken by paypal, even when you opt to pay by card.
    Even with this matter settled I wonder about the fact you are buying from ebay, does that invalidate any s75 claim?
    and also if paypal is linked to your bank account does that make them "the creditor" in the s75 chain?
    dammit why was all this not sorted in the consumer regs rehash..
Page 1
    • Westminster
    • By Westminster 8th Jul 17, 2:28 PM
    • 759 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    Westminster
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:28 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:28 PM
    My understanding was that S75 will not apply as there is a middle-man (namely Paypal)

However, Amazon / Paypal operate their own redress scheme.
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the following boards: Mortgages & Endowments, Mortgage-Free Wannabe, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving and Charities.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts on there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • maddogb
    • By maddogb 8th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    • 436 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    maddogb
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    i agree that does on the face of it appear to be the case but even mr lewis states quite specifically in his article about using your "credit card thru paypal"
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/PayPal-Section75
    clearly avoiding the implications of having paypal payments from your bank account and the fact you cannot purchase thru ebay without using paypal not even gonna mention amazon market place at the moment lol.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,043Users online

Martin's Twitter