Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KenAdams2015
    • By KenAdams2015 8th Jul 17, 12:31 PM
    • 44Posts
    • 10Thanks
    KenAdams2015
    Children's savings accounts with UC
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:31 PM
    Children's savings accounts with UC 8th Jul 17 at 12:31 PM
    Hi

My children have the following accounts, please can you confirm if these need to be declared to UC and if they will be included in the 16K savings limit

A govt child's trust fund in her name that only she can access when she's 18 (but no other accounts)
    Other children have a child's ISA (no other accounts or trust funds) in their name that I can pay birthday money into, only they can withdraw and not before they are 18

Any help greatly appreciated
Page 1
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 8th Jul 17, 1:12 PM
    • 10,650 Posts
    • 12,539 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 8th Jul 17, 1:12 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 1:12 PM
    Hi

My children have the following accounts, please can you confirm if these need to be declared to UC and if they will be included in the 16K savings limit

A govt child's trust fund in her name that only she can access when she's 18 (but no other accounts)
    Other children have a child's ISA (no other accounts or trust funds) in their name that I can pay birthday money into, only they can withdraw and not before they are 18

Any help greatly appreciated
    Originally posted by KenAdams2015
    If you cannot withdraw money from them and the money is locked in until they are 18 then they will not be included in the savings limit.
    Personally I would declare these to UC giving the exact details of the accounts so they can check the terms and conditions.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,253Posts Today

6,773Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin