Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dreamscometrue
    • By Dreamscometrue 8th Jul 17, 11:20 AM
    • 224Posts
    • 211Thanks
    Dreamscometrue
    Incompetent DWP
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:20 AM
    Incompetent DWP 8th Jul 17 at 11:20 AM
    I have received 2 letters from the DWP in today's post both dated July 4th. One states "We have looked at your claim again following a recent change. We cannot pay you Jobseeker's Allowance". The other states "I am pleased to tell you that we can pay you Jobseeker's Allowance". So which is it? I have tried calling but their offices are closed. There has been no recent change! The one that states that I'm entitled says that they will take away £2 because of either Social Security benefits, earnings, savings over £6000 or other money coming in but none of those apply to me! There is just over £6000 in the business account but corporation tax and accountancy fees will come out of that! It's not savings!
    Last edited by Dreamscometrue; 08-07-2017 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typo
Page 1
    • Dreamscometrue
    • By Dreamscometrue 8th Jul 17, 2:20 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    Dreamscometrue
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:20 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:20 PM
    Do they know their from their elbow? Answers on a postcard please!
    • ceecee1
    • By ceecee1 8th Jul 17, 2:51 PM
    • 377 Posts
    • 815 Thanks
    ceecee1
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:51 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:51 PM
    I could have perhaps helped you but apparently I dont know my backside from my elbow and am incompetent so I dont think I will bother
    • w06
    • By w06 8th Jul 17, 2:59 PM
    • 345 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    w06
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:59 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:59 PM
    It'll likely be a computer generated automatic response to something. In the same way as when my overlooked PIP mobility payment was eventually redirected to me instead of Motability. the letter I received was an auto generated one telling me that the payments would from that date be being sent to Motability (opposite of what needed to happen) because they had to do that before changing it back to me. Being a dopey sod i only skim read the letter and didn't notice it was the wrong way around initially!
    • dippy3103
    • By dippy3103 8th Jul 17, 5:23 PM
    • 1,728 Posts
    • 2,594 Thanks
    dippy3103
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:23 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:23 PM
    I have received 2 letters from the DWP in today's post both dated July 4th. One states "We have looked at your claim again following a recent change. We cannot pay you Jobseeker's Allowance". The other states "I am pleased to tell you that we can pay you Jobseeker's Allowance". So which is it? I have tried calling but their offices are closed. There has been no recent change! The one that states that I'm entitled says that they will take away £2 because of either Social Security benefits, earnings, savings over £6000 or other money coming in but none of those apply to me! There is just over £6000 in the business account but corporation tax and accountancy fees will come out of that! It's not savings!
    Originally posted by Dreamscometrue
    If it's your business then it's your money. It's possible that you do not qualify for contribution based JSA but do income based- does the letter state which?
    • Merlinthewise
    • By Merlinthewise 8th Jul 17, 7:13 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Merlinthewise
    • 8th Jul 17, 7:13 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 7:13 PM
    If you have a business account, does that mean you have a business?

If you have a business does that mean you are not unemployed?

If you are not unemployed doesn't that mean you are not entitled to JSA?
    • Housing Benefit Officer
    • By Housing Benefit Officer 8th Jul 17, 7:28 PM
    • 2,394 Posts
    • 4,257 Thanks
    Housing Benefit Officer
    • 8th Jul 17, 7:28 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 7:28 PM
    You have missed out the important bits of the letter - such as date not entitled from and date then entitled.
    These are my own views and you should seek advice from your local Benefits Department or CAB.
    • tomtom256
    • By tomtom256 9th Jul 17, 11:23 AM
    • 884 Posts
    • 1,630 Thanks
    tomtom256
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:23 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:23 AM
    You have missed out the important bits of the letter - such as date not entitled from and date then entitled.
    Originally posted by Housing Benefit Officer
    That's not the point of the topic.

OP just wants to show how rubbish the DWP is!
    • dippy3103
    • By dippy3103 9th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 1,728 Posts
    • 2,594 Thanks
    dippy3103
    • 9th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    That's not the point of the topic.

OP just wants to show how rubbish the DWP is!
    Originally posted by tomtom256
    Though the irony of a post complaining about a lack of info on a letter not containing enough information to offer any meaningful advice is amusing!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

109Posts Today

1,547Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin