Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • karl210
    • By karl210 8th Jul 17, 11:00 AM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    karl210
    Been paying via DMP. Now gone to debt collectors
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:00 AM
    Been paying via DMP. Now gone to debt collectors 8th Jul 17 at 11:00 AM
    Hi. I had an unpaid phone bill of roughly £300 with Vodafone.
    I went through a rough patch and had a few debts so set up a DMP with stepchange. Everything went well with all creditors and i got back on my feet and doubled payments.

All payments were made on time and i was 3/4 way through paying my debt off.
    I have never received a letter throughout from Vodafone. One day i checked my credit file and noticed the amount owed has never gone down and infact when i checked it had gone upto £940!
    I contacted them and was told not to worry the debt has been erased and there was nothing to pay.

Now i have received a letter from Lowell debt collection agency asking for the full £940.

Can i ask you for any advice on this before i contact Vodafone and Lowell?

Thank you
Page 1
    • datlex
    • By datlex 8th Jul 17, 11:04 AM
    • 1,294 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    datlex
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:04 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:04 AM
    I would speak to Step Change and confirm that the Vodafone debt is included in the DMP in the first instance and that if it is that they have confirmation it is being paid.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 8th Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    • 11,078 Posts
    • 8,257 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:12 AM
    Ask Lowell to investigate as you dispute the balance.

You will probably find it is termination fees but you need a breakdown.

There is also a Vodafone rep on these boards who can investigate.

Please email us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,
    • karl210
    • By karl210 8th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    karl210
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    I have just filled in that form and been given this number. is it here i post it or elsewhere? #1644655

the letter says £0 termination fees and £940 outstanding call charges/line rental.

On step change it breaks down your bills and its showing that this bill has been paid monthly ans how much has been paid to datr and estimated remaining balance.

Thanks for the advice so far guys
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 8th Jul 17, 1:06 PM
    • 11,078 Posts
    • 8,257 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 8th Jul 17, 1:06 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 1:06 PM
    I the letter says £0 termination fees and £940 outstanding call charges/line rental.
    Originally posted by karl210
    That's a lot of calls!
    • karl210
    • By karl210 8th Jul 17, 1:39 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    karl210
    • 8th Jul 17, 1:39 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 1:39 PM
    Haha. No i was away for a couple of weeks and got stung by data charges. My own fault.
  • Vodafone
    • 10th Jul 17, 10:48 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 10:48 AM
    Hi Karl210,

Thanks for your time yesterday.

As promised, I'll come back to you again as soon as I have further news.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

323Posts Today

4,570Users online

Martin's Twitter