Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pregocherry
    • By Pregocherry 8th Jul 17, 11:00 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 14Thanks
    Pregocherry
    Natwest said no...now what?
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:00 AM
    Natwest said no...now what? 8th Jul 17 at 11:00 AM
    So I/We followed the MSE process to try & reclaim charges/freeze interest/charges on my partners current account (avg. £60 pm from arranged & unarranged od) but they flat out refused. My query is, if my partner opens an account at a new bank and has his wages paid into that instead, can we simply offer Natwest a token monthly payment to clear the od debt? As no money will be bwing paid into that account any more they cant take what isnt there, right?!
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Jul 17, 11:06 AM
    • 14,402 Posts
    • 15,199 Thanks
    zx81
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:06 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:06 AM
    Well, they could take the money and put you into a further overdraft.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 8th Jul 17, 11:29 AM
    • 4,895 Posts
    • 5,348 Thanks
    societys child
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:29 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:29 AM
    So I/We followed the MSE process to try & reclaim charges/freeze interest/charges on my partners current account (avg. £60 pm from arranged & unarranged od) but they flat out refused. My query is, if my partner opens an account at a new bank and has his wages paid into that instead, can we simply offer Natwest a token monthly payment to clear the od debt? As no money will be bwing paid into that account any more they cant take what isnt there, right?!
    Originally posted by Pregocherry
    True, but unless they agree to your token gesture, wouldn't the debt continue to rise, accumulating further interest charges? Then what happens . .

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,493Posts Today

7,468Users online

Martin's Twitter