Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nicolanicola
    • By nicolanicola 8th Jul 17, 10:00 AM
    • 76Posts
    • 8Thanks
    nicolanicola
    CCJ from parking eye but they deliberately sent to old address
    • 8th Jul 17, 10:00 AM
    CCJ from parking eye but they deliberately sent to old address 8th Jul 17 at 10:00 AM
    I parked in a free for 1.5 hours car park a couple of months ago when we went out for a meal. I was 15 minutes late. They car park was 3/4 empty. I got various letters from them about a fine. But I listened to what everyone says and thought, they can't do anything.

Then they sent me a letter saying if I didn't pay then they'd be taking it to the county court. I was worried about this but thought it may be a threat, when I get any court documents, then I'll pay the fine.

To be absolute shock and horror I have discovered I've a CCJ on my credit file registered to my old addesss!! There's no way I would have received any court forms to attend the court or dispute the fine as they deliberately must have sent them to my old address.

They sent all letters prior to the CCJ to my current address so why is the CCJ at my old address I haven't lived at for over a year?

What can I do about this? If I'd had the chance on receiving any court documents I would have paid the fine.
Page 3
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Jul 17, 1:15 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    ...the set aside isn't guaranteed. If the DVLA gave them it, then they are going by your known address - when had you informed the DVLA of you new address.
    Originally posted by nic_c

That wouldn't mean a set aside application based on the fact that the defendant knew nothing of the claim would fail!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Jul 17, 2:02 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    So just tried ringing PE. Can only get through to automatic payment line. Today is my last day of the one calendar month. I cannot speak to anyone to find out if I can pay it and if they'll let the court know to remove the CCJ.
    Originally posted by nicolanicola
    If you have decided to pay it off then that doesn't prevent you going for a set aside by consent - if the creditor agrees. (assuming you are going to be impacted by having this on your record - for the next 6 years - and want it removed)
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 8th Jul 17, 2:22 PM
    • 908 Posts
    • 547 Thanks
    nic_c
    That wouldn't mean a set aside application based on the fact that the defendant knew nothing of the claim would fail!
    Originally posted by Quentin
    No, but if PE are able to show they did due diligence by requesting the address from the DVLA, it would be harder. It also wouldn't mean the end of the debt and a claim form could then be issued to the new address.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Jul 17, 2:41 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    No, but if PE are able to show they did due diligence by requesting the address from the DVLA, it would be harder. It also wouldn't mean the end of the debt and a claim form could then be issued to the new address.
    You are guessing about what happened. As has been posted it's unlikely this ccj is to do with the OP's very recently issued PCN

The claimant may have done "due diligence" for what it's worth by originally getting the keeper details from DVLA. But the claim was issued long after that!

It's been explained to the op that winning a set aside allows the creditor to start the claim again
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 8th Jul 17, 3:00 PM
    • 7,293 Posts
    • 7,448 Thanks
    pappa golf
    as posted back on page one of this thread PE can only apply for the owners details once from the DVLA (parking ticket cases) , due diligence??? PE are in the same group of companies as equita (debt collectors) , who have in the past located addresses quite legally
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Jul 17, 4:30 PM
    • 7,007 Posts
    • 6,079 Thanks
    The Deep
    The OP claims in the thread title that PE deliberately sent the papers to the wrong address. Personally, I find that very difficult to believe.

However, If he/she can prove this to be the case, I do not see why that cannot sue PE for a substantial sum.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Jul 17, 4:46 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,602 Thanks
    Redx
    There would have a penalty notice issued and attached to the car at the time.
    Originally posted by Thrugelmir
    the above statement reminds me of that "bull@@@@" button on THE LAST LEG

PARKING EYE cannot issue a penalty notice , nor do they , not on a windscreen and not by post either

PARKING EYE can and do issue parking charge notices , usually these are postal notices following supervision using ANPR cameras on unmanned car parks

they rarely have an employee onsite and so rarely issue a windscreen ticket

there is no doubt in my mind that PE will have sent a postal notice pcn a year or two ago about some long forgotten parking event. this is the one that will have raised the court case and CCJ

anything more recent is a second and separate incident , nothing to do with the CCJ being discussed here

if any or all of these pcn`s are PE, then they will be ANPR camera monitored car parks with postal notices being sent out

PE are well known for enforcement using this system , as can be seen in this parking prankster blog

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/parkingeye-employee-reveals-their-rape.html

the ideal solution here is a set aside for £255 with refund and then get the original parking charge dealt with

and has been said earlier, THEReSA MAY said this would be dealt with some 8 months ago, when she passed it on to MARCUS JONES , so you should be contacting them about it as yours is a classic case study of the malpractice that exists here

also MICHAEL GREEN has a class action group for issues like this , so see parking pranksters blogs and contact that action group too

this is not a new phenomenon , but it has been brewing for a few years and its time these people mentioned actually did something about it , because its a credit clamp sc@m, one that replaced the car cl@mping sc@m and one that MP,s have engineered and the SUPREME COURT didnt help in the PE versus BEAVIS case 20 months ago either
    Last edited by Redx; 08-07-2017 at 5:07 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jul 17, 5:01 PM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,496 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    they deliberately must have sent them to my old address.

They sent all letters prior to the CCJ to my current address so why is the CCJ at my old address I haven't lived at for over a year?
    So PE knew your new address and used it, then deliberately used the old address for the court claim?

Atrocious but unsurprising (how terrible to think the Supreme Court actively changed the penalty rule to support this business model; it's an embarrassment to this Country and to the justice system).

Same advice as this case:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5676532

...whether you go on to defend it, will depend on whether your case is similar to the Beavis case or not. Either way, you can get it set aside if you go well prepped to the set aside hearing, as it sounds like you are too late to just pay it now.

There is no evidence of 'due diligence' from ParkingEye in this case.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Jul 17, 5:08 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    So PE knew your new address and used it, then deliberately used the old address for the court claim? .......
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    It does look as though the ccj relates to an older pcn, and not the recent one the op has been getting recent correspondence about.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jul 17, 5:12 PM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,496 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK. Even so, ParkingEye as a company, knew the correct address for this individual. They are perfectly capable of cross-referencing to other PCN data, and they do sometimes, when bringing more than one ticket to court in one claim.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 8th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    • 11,228 Posts
    • 14,752 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    So PE knew your new address and used it, then deliberately used the old address for the court claim?

Atrocious but unsurprising (how terrible to think the Supreme Court actively changed the penalty rule to support this business model; it's an embarrassment to this Country and to the justice system).

Same advice as this case:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5676532

...whether you go on to defend it, will depend on whether your case is similar to the Beavis case or not. Either way, you can get it set aside if you go well prepped to the set aside hearing, as it sounds like you are too late to just pay it now.

There is no evidence of 'due diligence' from ParkingEye in this case.
    It's up there with not prosecuting someone for espionage / treason and helping kill 45000+ people with a weapon of mass destruction I think.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jul 17, 5:33 PM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,496 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It's up there with not prosecuting someone for espionage / treason and helping kill 45000+ people with a weapon of mass destruction I think.
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    Almost up there!

• nicolanicola
    • By nicolanicola 8th Jul 17, 6:58 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    nicolanicola
    OK. Even so, ParkingEye as a company, knew the correct address for this individual. They are perfectly capable of cross-referencing to other PCN data, and they do sometimes, when bringing more than one ticket to court in one claim.
    So do you think I should to a consent to set aside or a set aside? my priority is getting this CCJ taken off my credit rating as fast as possible with minimum stress.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 8th Jul 17, 7:01 PM
    • 7,293 Posts
    • 7,448 Thanks
    pappa golf
    isnt a "consent to set aside" where you admit guilt to the charge , and pay there stupid charge in order for them to remove the CCJ ?

are you guilty as charged?
    • nicolanicola
    • By nicolanicola 8th Jul 17, 7:02 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    nicolanicola
    isnt a "consent to set aside" where you admit guilt to the charge , and pay there stupid charge in order for them to remove the CCJ ?

are you guilty as charged?
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    I don't know. I guess I must be guilty of overstaying the allowed time in a car park one time.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 8th Jul 17, 7:08 PM
    • 7,293 Posts
    • 7,448 Thanks
    pappa golf
    I don't know. I guess I must be guilty of overstaying the allowed time in a car park one time.
    then why did you not pay the origional reduced charge , when you got the origional ticket (within 14 days) if you were "guilty"
    • nicolanicola
    • By nicolanicola 8th Jul 17, 7:09 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    nicolanicola
    then why did you not pay the origional reduced charge , when you got the origional ticket (within 14 days) if you were "guilty"
    Because I didn't think they could enforce it 😢
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 8th Jul 17, 7:13 PM
    • 7,293 Posts
    • 7,448 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Because I didn't think they could enforce it 😢

said , a bloke in the pub
    • nicolanicola
    • By nicolanicola 8th Jul 17, 7:14 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    nicolanicola
    said , a bloke in the pub
    Says everybody everywhere ever! This is a completely shock to me that they can now.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 8th Jul 17, 7:15 PM
    • 7,293 Posts
    • 7,448 Thanks
    pappa golf
    where is "everywhere else" ? , next pub down the road ,
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

72Posts Today

1,610Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin