Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • photome
    • By photome 8th Jul 17, 7:13 AM
    • 12,596Posts
    • 8,077Thanks
    photome
    0 WOW
    Virgin Atlantic flights Book direct or with netflights
    • 8th Jul 17, 7:13 AM
    0 WOW
    Virgin Atlantic flights Book direct or with netflights 8th Jul 17 at 7:13 AM
    I usually book direct but seaching for prices I can book direct with Virgin to LAS for £506 or with Netflights for £452, thats a saving of £108 (for 2).

what are peoples thoughts
Page 1
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 8th Jul 17, 8:27 AM
    • 2,915 Posts
    • 1,469 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 8th Jul 17, 8:27 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 8:27 AM
    Netflights is fine, owned by the Emirates Group so they are not one of the many third party agents that shouldn't be touched with a bargepole
    • Westin
    • By Westin 8th Jul 17, 9:33 AM
    • 1,094 Posts
    • 777 Thanks
    Westin
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:33 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:33 AM
    I also found Netflights to be cheaper than booking direct on the VS site. As Alan points out they have strong parents! Their sister company is Gold Medal which lots of travel agents use to access consolidator fares.

I have since booked a couple of flights through Netflights and not experienced any problems. They do tend to send a fair few follow up emails prompting you to add on hotels, car rental etc. but I probably forgot to opt out of the marketing.

I was looking at them again last night for an upcoming BA long haul and they were £65 cheaper than the same flights on BA.com

I have also found and booked on VS flights to Orlando via the delta.com site as being cheaper than VS. Even when you are on VS metal. No idea why this is the case. Might be worth you looking at that although Netflights may still be a better option.

My experiences with Netflights have been straight forward from both sides. I did not try to amend dates after booking, try for a refund on a non-refundable ticket and also was able to spell my name correctly, just some of the pit falls others seem to face and later complain about when changes are not made.

Good luck with the travel plans..
    • photome
    • By photome 8th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    • 12,596 Posts
    • 8,077 Thanks
    photome
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:36 AM
    Thanks guys

I had already checked Delta, they are the same price as Virgin.

Can i still choose seats on the Virgin site if i book with netflights, and I assume I would still get the miles
    • Westin
    • By Westin 8th Jul 17, 9:51 AM
    • 1,094 Posts
    • 777 Thanks
    Westin
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:51 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:51 AM
    My experiences has been that once booked Netflights send you confirmation and this includes the airline locator. Once you have that I was able to go to MMB.

In both VS cases I was able to select seats via MMB but I had booked PE where seat assignments are free.

Miles and tier points given on both Netflights VS bookings.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,450Posts Today

6,969Users online

Martin's Twitter