Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pastrydino
    • By pastrydino 7th Jul 17, 11:16 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pastrydino
    [URGENT] [LLOYDS] Deposit money via ATM
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:16 PM
    [URGENT] [LLOYDS] Deposit money via ATM 7th Jul 17 at 11:16 PM
    Hello, everyone!

I tried yesterday in the afternoon to deposit some money via the ATM at the Lloyd's branch close to my place. It was my very first time to deposit money at an ATM here in the UK (since I moved here just 3 months ago) and despite the fact that the message on the screen instructed me to put the money in an envelope and only one slot opened waiting for the envelope... since I had no envelope, I put directly the money.

Please, note that at least in Greece when the ATM asks you to put the money in an envelope, the envelope is provided automatically by the ATM and when it is not asked, then you can put directly the money without envelope.

Now it's been already more than 24 hours and I still can't see the money in my account and I'm worried that I made a terrible mistake and I'm gonna lose my money. Can someone please tell me if the issue can be fixed or not? Is there any chance I'm gonna see the money in my account after midnight or tomorrow?

If not, if I go to the branch tomorrow and tell them the story, is there any chance we can get it fixed or no way? :/

Thank you in advance!
Page 2
    • omega27
    • By omega27 11th Jul 17, 11:06 AM
    • 248 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    omega27
    Yes you are quite right. I have been a Lloyds customer for long enough and have used their branches and ATM's often enough to know that their ATM's don't accept deposits with or without envelopes!
    Originally posted by Ben8282
    There's two ATMs in the entrance to my local branch, and at least one definitely takes deposits. Spits an envelope out from a then slot, and lets you fill it with notes/cheques then insert in another slot next to where the notes are dispensed. Is frequently out of envelopes!
    • joshtfs
    • By joshtfs 11th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    joshtfs
    There's two ATMs in the entrance to my local branch, and at least one definitely takes deposits. Spits an envelope out from a then slot, and lets you fill it with notes/cheques then insert in another slot next to where the notes are dispensed. Is frequently out of envelopes!
    Originally posted by omega27

I used to work for Halifax (part of Lloyds Banking Group) and ATMs that accept cash and cheque deposits with an envelope system definitely exist - I used to key the deposits onto the accounts the next morning from when they were deposited.
    What, 99p for everything? I'd take it off you if I had the room for it!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,271Posts Today

8,283Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin