Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pastrydino
    • By pastrydino 7th Jul 17, 11:16 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pastrydino
    [URGENT] [LLOYDS] Deposit money via ATM
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:16 PM
    [URGENT] [LLOYDS] Deposit money via ATM 7th Jul 17 at 11:16 PM
    Hello, everyone!

I tried yesterday in the afternoon to deposit some money via the ATM at the Lloyd's branch close to my place. It was my very first time to deposit money at an ATM here in the UK (since I moved here just 3 months ago) and despite the fact that the message on the screen instructed me to put the money in an envelope and only one slot opened waiting for the envelope... since I had no envelope, I put directly the money.

Please, note that at least in Greece when the ATM asks you to put the money in an envelope, the envelope is provided automatically by the ATM and when it is not asked, then you can put directly the money without envelope.

Now it's been already more than 24 hours and I still can't see the money in my account and I'm worried that I made a terrible mistake and I'm gonna lose my money. Can someone please tell me if the issue can be fixed or not? Is there any chance I'm gonna see the money in my account after midnight or tomorrow?

If not, if I go to the branch tomorrow and tell them the story, is there any chance we can get it fixed or no way? :/

Thank you in advance!
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 7th Jul 17, 11:27 PM
    • 24,163 Posts
    • 11,442 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:27 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:27 PM
    You need to go in and claim the money .
    They will need you to confirm your details and hope that the money is in a suspense account.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 7th Jul 17, 11:29 PM
    • 1,317 Posts
    • 667 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:29 PM
    Hello, everyone!

I tried yesterday in the afternoon to deposit some money via the ATM at the Lloyd's branch close to my place. It was my very first time to deposit money at an ATM here in the UK (since I moved here just 3 months ago) and despite the fact that the message on the screen instructed me to put the money in an envelope and only one slot opened waiting for the envelope... since I had no envelope, I put directly the money.

Please, note that at least in Greece when the ATM asks you to put the money in an envelope, the envelope is provided automatically by the ATM and when it is not asked, then you can put directly the money without envelope.

Now it's been already more than 24 hours and I still can't see the money in my account and I'm worried that I made a terrible mistake and I'm gonna lose my money. Can someone please tell me if the issue can be fixed or not? Is there any chance I'm gonna see the money in my account after midnight or tomorrow?

If not, if I go to the branch tomorrow and tell them the story, is there any chance we can get it fixed or no way? :/

Thank you in advance!
    Originally posted by pastrydino
    If you're the only person who didn't follow the guidance, it should be very easy to reconcile.

But you'll probably have to phone them or visit the branch and let them know what you did.
    • pastrydino
    • By pastrydino 7th Jul 17, 11:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pastrydino
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'm going tomorrow!
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 8th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    • 1,332 Posts
    • 1,706 Thanks
    Kim_13
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    Good luck OP.

It's strange that the cash machine didn't recognise that it had no envelopes. A Nationwide one did this with me.

In future (to eliminate the possibility that envelopes are available but the next person gets 2 come out) I would cancel the transaction and start again.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2017 #9 ~ £108.83/£250.00
    CCCC 2017 #1 ~ £200.95/£120.00

I'm a Board Guide on the Savings and Investments , Budgeting and Bank Accounts , Credit Cards and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this.) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 8th Jul 17, 2:09 PM
    • 1,056 Posts
    • 677 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:09 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:09 PM
    Open a Tesco bank account. Most major cities have at least one large store that accepts cash deposits ; not from doors-open to doors-close, but well outside normal banking hours.
    • Westie983
    • By Westie983 8th Jul 17, 2:22 PM
    • 3,838 Posts
    • 13,999 Thanks
    Westie983
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:22 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:22 PM
    Hello, everyone!

Thank you in advance!
    Quite strange as if there was no envelopes in the ATM, you shouldn't have been given the option to deposit as its greyed out.

Are you sure it was a ATM and not a deposit point? As that would make more sense.

That said if the envelopes were in situ but got stuck then the money will be in the cassette with the rest of the deposit envelopes and if you are the only one with loose cash then, you will find it's been put into a suspense account, or that they have worked out your account details but waiting for you to confirm.

Speak to Lloyds,

Westie983
    Save 12k in 2017 #16 Total £22,555/£12,000 = 187.95%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 11 #97 Total (£410) + £0.00/£800 = 51.25% ( x 11)
    Xmas 2017 £1 a Day #6 Total £400/£365 = 109.58%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total £1,600/£1,800 = 88.88%
    £2 Savers Club 2017 #3 Total (£1,450)+£50/£2,000 = 75.00%

Total £26,465/£16,965 = 155.99%

I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 8th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    • 2,061 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    20aday
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    Funnily enough I've paid some cash into my Lloyds Bank account this morning using Deposit via ATM.

Told me it would be unable to print a confirmation of deposit receipt but still did anyway.

Was around three years ago but at the Lloyds Bank in Burton on Trent I deposited some cash and am pretty sure it was minus the envelope; took around seven working days before it appeared in my account.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 8th Jul 17, 7:58 PM
    • 2,066 Posts
    • 910 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 8th Jul 17, 7:58 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 7:58 PM
    I am confused because I bank with Lloyds and as far as I know their ATM's don't accept deposits.
    There are the depositpoint machines in branch which don't use envelopes but you put the money in and get an immediate receipt and the money is credited to the account immediately.
    There are the creditpoint slots in branch with the envelopes which are then opened later in the day by a member of staff and credited to the account either later in the day or the following morning if the staff don't bother to empty the creditpoint early enough in the day.
    But ATM's with envelopes for depositing cash ... not Lloyds I'm afraid.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 8th Jul 17, 10:46 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 1,765 Thanks
    MABLE
    Well it anyone should know its has to be Ben!!
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 8th Jul 17, 10:50 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 1,765 Thanks
    MABLE
    I am confused because I bank with Lloyds and as far as I know their ATM's don't accept deposits.
    There are the depositpoint machines in branch which don't use envelopes but you put the money in and get an immediate receipt and the money is credited to the account immediately.
    There are the creditpoint slots in branch with the envelopes which are then opened later in the day by a member of staff and credited to the account either later in the day or the following morning if the staff don't bother to empty the creditpoint early enough in the day.
    But ATM's with envelopes for depositing cash ... not Lloyds I'm afraid.
    Originally posted by Ben8282
    Oh but you are wrong. I went into a branch in the South West only last week and inside the branch was a deposit machine whereby you had to deposit the money into an envelope. So Lloyds use both system I'm afraid.
    • d123
    • By d123 8th Jul 17, 11:32 PM
    • 6,685 Posts
    • 4,263 Thanks
    d123
    Oh but you are wrong. I went into a branch in the South West only last week and inside the branch was a deposit machine whereby you had to deposit the money into an envelope. So Lloyds use both system I'm afraid.
    Originally posted by MABLE
    That's a deposit machine in branch though.

The OP says they deposited cash into an ATM, even Lloyds seems to agree with Ben8282 on that one.

Cashpoint® machines
    You can do far more than withdraw cash at our nationwide network of Cashpoint® machines.
    What you can do

Take out cash
    Check your balance
    Top up your mobile
    Print a mini-statement
    Manage your PIN
    https://www.lloydsbank.com/banking-with-us/ways-to-bank.asp
    ====
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 9th Jul 17, 5:29 AM
    • 2,066 Posts
    • 910 Thanks
    Ben8282
    Well it anyone should know its has to be Ben!!
    Yes you are quite right. I have been a Lloyds customer for long enough and have used their branches and ATM's often enough to know that their ATM's don't accept deposits with or without envelopes!
    I would imagine what you actually saw were the credit point envelopes next to the credit point slot which just coincidentally happened to be situated next to an ATM as they often are. As the deposit point machines count the notes when you deposit them, putting the notes in an envelope would make this a bit difficult.
    Last edited by Ben8282; 09-07-2017 at 5:34 AM.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 9th Jul 17, 5:36 AM
    • 2,066 Posts
    • 910 Thanks
    Ben8282
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'm going tomorrow!
    I would wait until Monday if I were you. The branch won't be open on Sunday.
    • wiseonesomeofthetime
    • By wiseonesomeofthetime 9th Jul 17, 6:39 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    wiseonesomeofthetime
    I would wait until Monday if I were you. The branch won't be open on Sunday.
    'Tomorrow' was 'yesterday', when the comment was made 😀

Neither of which was Sunday.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 9th Jul 17, 7:21 AM
    • 2,066 Posts
    • 910 Thanks
    Ben8282
    'Tomorrow' was 'yesterday', when the comment was made 😀

Neither of which was Sunday.
    Originally posted by wiseonesomeofthetime

Oh yes so it was. Shame they never came back to say what happened.
    • wiseonesomeofthetime
    • By wiseonesomeofthetime 9th Jul 17, 5:25 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    wiseonesomeofthetime
    Oh yes so it was. Shame they never came back to say what happened.
    I find a few threads on here where the OP asks for help or advice but never updates those that have taken the time to contribute!
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 9th Jul 17, 9:23 PM
    • 1,056 Posts
    • 677 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    I find a few threads on here where the OP asks for help or advice but never updates those that have taken the time to contribute!
    Maybe such posters should be sanctioned. Thanks cost nothing, and feedback helps us fine tune our answers.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 9th Jul 17, 9:32 PM
    • 1,288 Posts
    • 3,710 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Maybe such posters should be sanctioned. Thanks cost nothing, and feedback helps us fine tune our answers.
    Originally posted by Geoff1963
    How? Many of them have only posted once or twice, so 'sanctioning' is hardly going to affect them.

It's frustrating when people don't update, but hey, that's part of the way these internet forums work.
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 9th Jul 17, 9:33 PM
    • 457 Posts
    • 205 Thanks
    RG2015
    Originally posted by Geoff1963
    The OP's last post was 11:29 PM on Friday saying they would be going to their bank on Saturday. It is now Sunday and people are moaning that they have not come back to update The Forum.

Give them a break as they are probably far more concerned about the money they may have lost. It would actually surprise me if the bank would have been able to answer on Saturday and they may have to wait until next week.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

108Posts Today

1,540Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin