Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Spinelle23
    • By Spinelle23 7th Jul 17, 10:44 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Spinelle23
    PPI on debt management payment plan?
    • 7th Jul 17, 10:44 PM
    PPI on debt management payment plan? 7th Jul 17 at 10:44 PM
    I put all my debts in to one place to pay them off easier, with a company called Chiltern which was later taken over by a company called Money Plus, for the small amount of debt I had I ended up paying it off for at least 10 years, which ended up being over £8000 having started off with a debt of around £2000, when going through my paper work I found a letter stating I had PPI, I rang the company and asked them about it, she was very rude and told me they wouldn't put PPI on a debt management plan, i now can't find the letter, as I had been to the CAB to ask about it but they didn't have a clue, would they have put PPI on a debt management plan and if so how can I claim it back as all the letters I have found arefor bank accounts etc.....

CAN ANYONE HELP OR HAVE ANY IDEAS?
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 8th Jul 17, 11:57 AM
    • 7,254 Posts
    • 4,649 Thanks
    -taff
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:57 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:57 AM
    Only if you start being clearer.

Are you looking to complain about the DMP or PPI on your loans/CC's?

You opted for a fee paying DMP company instead of going it either or alone or using Payplan/Stepchange/Natonal Debtline. You are not likely to be able to claim these fees back.

As for loans/CC's, you can write directly o whoever you had them with, or go to their websites and complain. Bear in mind, you were on a DMP, you may not have paid back all you owed them - as far as interest being waived, or amounts written off, or even defauled on - so if your complaints are successful, you're likely to see some/all go to paying off what you owe,
    You may get the interest portion back, you may not, it all depends.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 8th Jul 17, 12:10 PM
    • 7,254 Posts
    • 4,649 Thanks
    -taff
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:10 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:10 PM
    If you were paying PPI to your debt management company, it would have been listed on your statements as some kind of insurance or protection scheme.
    Unfortnately, by the sounfds of it, you took this out before 2005, which means they won't have been regulated.
    However, you could send them a SAR [which costs £10] , see what they have left, then check to see if you were paying it. If you were, you can complain to them. If they refuse your complaint as it was pre regulation, you can complain to the underwriter. This route it also not guaranteed, because they will have been the provider, not the seller and PPI is all about the seller of the insurance.

Just one more thing DO NOT PAY A COMPANY TO DO THIS
    Last edited by -taff; 08-07-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,787Posts Today

6,683Users online

Martin's Twitter