Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • *TwilightDelight*
    • By *TwilightDelight* 7th Jul 17, 9:58 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 7Thanks
    *TwilightDelight*
    PIP Advice please
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:58 PM
    PIP Advice please 7th Jul 17 at 9:58 PM
    hi sorry if sick of seeing PIP posts, ive just made a claim for mine, from phoning up to claim and getting the paper work sent, ive got my assessment next week (14) it has took just over a month to sort it, thought it was supposed to take weeks is this a bad sign ?
    Ive read my car will have to go back so i have 4 weeks after my DLA is stopped then another 8 weeks after this is this correct ?? knowing my luck it will be less for this too no doubt
    any advice/help appreciated thank you
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 7th Jul 17, 11:07 PM
    • 1,547 Posts
    • 1,371 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:07 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:07 PM
    hi sorry if sick of seeing PIP posts, ive just made a claim for mine, from phoning up to claim and getting the paper work sent, ive got my assessment next week (14) it has took just over a month to sort it, thought it was supposed to take weeks is this a bad sign ?
    Ive read my car will have to go back so i have 4 weeks after my DLA is stopped then another 8 weeks after this is this correct ?? knowing my luck it will be less for this too no doubt
    Originally posted by *TwilightDelight*
    It doens't mean anything. It just means you have your assessment next week. Your car will only have to be returned if you don't get Enhanced mobility for PIP. If you dont get this then your car will need to be returned within 8 weeks after your DLA ends. The could increase but totally depends on when your started the mobility scheme. See this links for details. https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2017/april/changes-pip-should-help-some-motability-users
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 8th Jul 17, 1:18 AM
    • 1,490 Posts
    • 1,590 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    • 8th Jul 17, 1:18 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 1:18 AM
    Some helpful info re the assessment:
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-pip-claim/your-assessment/

PIP Enhanced mob requires 12 points:

MOBILITY ACTIVITIES

1. Planning and following journeys.
    a. Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points.
    b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points.
    c. For reasons other than psychological distress, cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points.
    d. For reasons other than psychological distress, cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points.
    e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points.
    f. For reasons other than psychological distress, cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points.

2. Moving around.
    a. Can stand and then move more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 0 points.
    b. Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 4 points.
    c. Can stand and then move unaided more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 8 points.
    d. Can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 10 points.
    e. Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided. 12 points.
    f. Cannot, either aided or unaided, –
    (i) stand; or
    (ii) move more than 1 metre. 12 points.
    • dave030445
    • By dave030445 8th Jul 17, 9:38 PM
    • 955 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    dave030445
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:38 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:38 PM
    As said before it depends how long you have been on the Motability scheme. Ive been on it nearly 7 years and have till Sept to return it to get the £2000 or jan to get £250
    • *TwilightDelight*
    • By *TwilightDelight* 9th Jul 17, 11:24 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    *TwilightDelight*
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:24 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:24 PM
    hi thank you for reply, been on it since 1994, but like i said, the way my luck has been going il probably have to send my car back sooner
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 10th Jul 17, 7:54 AM
    • 1,547 Posts
    • 1,371 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:54 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 7:54 AM
    hi thank you for reply, been on it since 1994, but like i said, the way my luck has been going il probably have to send my car back sooner
    Why would you have to do that? It clearly states the new rules on the link i provider. It's a minimum 8 weeks but could be extended to 26 but you'll lose the big payment by doing so.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,914Posts Today

7,129Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin