Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wort
    • By wort 7th Jul 17, 7:33 PM
    • 329Posts
    • 6,202Thanks
    wort
    leaving provider charges / 30 day notice
    • 7th Jul 17, 7:33 PM
    leaving provider charges / 30 day notice 7th Jul 17 at 7:33 PM
    If talktalk are increasing prices I can cancel contract. My contract ends on 27th July anyway. When I went on live chat they said I had to give 30 days notice. Which would take me into August. Is this correct? As I would then be liable for charges after the 27th .
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
Page 1
    • LazyTyper
    • By LazyTyper 7th Jul 17, 9:03 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    LazyTyper
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:03 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:03 PM
    As others will correctly tell you, your contract does not "end". You are most likely referring to a 12 or 18 month minimum term. It is correct that you need to provide 30 days notice to end your contract.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 7th Jul 17, 9:51 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:51 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:51 PM
    Yes your contract does not end, what ends is the minimum term ( the period where leaving would incur charges), after the Min. term you have to give 30 days notice to end the contract.
    • boatman
    • By boatman 8th Jul 17, 8:41 PM
    • 3,369 Posts
    • 2,355 Thanks
    boatman
    • 8th Jul 17, 8:41 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 8:41 PM
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/broadband/2017/06/talktalk-to-hike-prices-by-up-to-30yr---but-you-can-beat-them

If you are directly affected by the price hike then you do not need to give 30 days notice, they may allow you to leave earlier than the hike, they may make you wait until just before the hike.

"You'll need to notify TalkTalk of your decision to leave, online or by phone, within 30 days of receiving official notification of the price hikes. If you choose to leave after the 30-day period, you'll have to pay an early termination charge"

You will see that talktalk need to give YOU 30 days notice of the price hike, YOU just have to tell them you wish to leave.
    Last edited by boatman; 09-07-2017 at 9:38 AM. Reason: ll
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,634Posts Today

6,301Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin