Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mikeb1977
    • By Mikeb1977 7th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Mikeb1977
    £21 overdraft £436 charge
    • 7th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    £21 overdraft £436 charge 7th Jul 17 at 7:32 PM
    Any advice welcome, had letter from dca demanding £457 for an Santander overdraft. It was an old unused account registered to previous address so unaware of £21 overdraft which must have built up fees over a year or so. I Don't have any statements though.

Dca say they will accept £366 as partial settlement but want to remortgage house and now have this on credit file.

Seems unreasonable to charge so much for a little debt.
    Santander will only say speak to dca.

Is there any thing I can do or best just to pay.

Thanks

Mike
Page 1
    • -taff
    • By -taff 7th Jul 17, 9:16 PM
    • 7,333 Posts
    • 4,736 Thanks
    -taff
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:16 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:16 PM
    When did you forget about this account?
    • Mikeb1977
    • By Mikeb1977 7th Jul 17, 10:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mikeb1977
    • 7th Jul 17, 10:17 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 10:17 PM
    Last used the bank account about 18 month ago. Bank had old address but Dca found my new address.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 8th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    • 7,333 Posts
    • 4,736 Thanks
    -taff
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    Ah, in that case, you'd better set up a repayment plan, although if you ask very very nicely and explain what happened, in a letter, they may reduce it, if it was the first time this had ever happened with them.

Personally, I'd write to Snatander, offer to pay in installements, say this was an oversight as you'd moved, first time you'd been in the overdraft [if it was ] ask them nicely to reduce the interest added....
    See what they say.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,665Posts Today

8,506Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin