Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mini_lidi
    • By mini_lidi 7th Jul 17, 7:05 PM
    • 200Posts
    • 230Thanks
    mini_lidi
    Can I reclaim PPI if I cancelled it?
    • 7th Jul 17, 7:05 PM
    Can I reclaim PPI if I cancelled it? 7th Jul 17 at 7:05 PM
    After some advice. When I took my first CC out, I was pressured into buying PPI. Incase I was unable to cover any future bills in the future, due to unforeseen circumstances.

But I cancelled it maybe a month or 2 later. On the advice of my parents. Not sure if i cancelled before the first payment or just after the first payment.

Is it still worth trying to reclaim? As is not going to be much money either way?
    Will-I-Am Soon to be a MILLIONAIRE!!
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Jul 17, 7:25 PM
    • 12,479 Posts
    • 12,647 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Jul 17, 7:25 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 7:25 PM
    If you feel it was mis sold, you can complain. If successful, you'll get your 20p or whatever you paid plus interest.

Spend it wisely and remember to factor in the price of the stamp.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 7th Jul 17, 8:02 PM
    • 4,303 Posts
    • 4,519 Thanks
    societys child
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:02 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:02 PM
    It just gets dafter.

• McKneff
    • By McKneff 7th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 35,406 Posts
    • 45,566 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    Don't spend it all in one shop either !!!!
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
    • Jonmenzies
    • By Jonmenzies 7th Jul 17, 9:20 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Jonmenzies
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:20 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 9:20 PM
    To the OP.

I got a cheque for 1p from Littlewoods. I got another cheque from Santander (Burton store card) for £1.87. These were to do with things I signed up to on the telephone or at the till point and as soon as the 1st statement came, I called and cancelled it.

These refunds were from accounts opened in the 1990's when I was in my 20's and found it hard to say no.

Not sure if that is of use to you.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,191Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin