Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dillsm12
    • By Dillsm12 7th Jul 17, 6:34 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dillsm12
    Local security parking charge notice
    • 7th Jul 17, 6:34 PM
    Local security parking charge notice 7th Jul 17 at 6:34 PM
    I work for a security company in which their building is next to a pub and have an agreement for the car park. This car park is a pay and display ticket park managed by local parking security.

My car is always parked on this car park when I go to work and I always leave a letter from the security company stating my employment with them and also a high vis jacket with the company's sign on so that the parking staff know. I've never displayed a ticket In over a year but now I came back to a sticker with a parking charge notice, following 30 days I have now received a letter asking for £85 which is ludicrous.

I am obviously never going to pay that amount or if not any because there's an agreement with the owners of the private land and the company I work for to park on the premises, is there any way to ensure a successfull appeal or work around this.
    P.S the manager at my company said to leave it because of the fact of them having an agreement with the car park owners, but I don't wish to be riddled with letters from debt collecting agencies ://, any help please will be appreciated.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    • 14,770 Posts
    • 18,580 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    the courts dont find it ludicrous , plus its under the PPC control so they will issue debt letters whether you like it or not if the alleged debt remains unpaid

please follow the advice in the NEWBIES sticky thread near the top of this forum

and try to get a cancellation by the landholder too

your manager should be doing this INSTEAD if giving you poor legal advice given he has no idea what he is talking about and clearly has no idea about the laws in england and wales
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,401Posts Today

8,263Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin