Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Parkguy101
    • By Parkguy101 7th Jul 17, 6:08 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Parkguy101
    Popla evidence pack
    • 7th Jul 17, 6:08 PM
    Popla evidence pack 7th Jul 17 at 6:08 PM
    Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread.

I have followed the Newbies thread to the point where I have issued my Popla appeal and now have the evidence pack sent with 1 week to respond.

I was hoping someone could help me review my evidence privately oppose to posting this on here.

Just incase the parking firm/Popla go snooping around.

The offence is from Parkwatch, parking in a supermarket.

The NTK never arrived by day 56 when I sent my Popla appeal but on the evidence there seems to be a letter scanned addressed to me dated a few days prior to 56 days which I have not received.

Just to clarify I still haven't received this letter they allegedly sent.

Hope somebody could help.

Would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jul 17, 11:58 PM
    • 48,068 Posts
    • 61,518 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:58 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:58 PM
    The NTK never arrived by day 56 when I sent my Popla appeal but on the evidence there seems to be a letter scanned addressed to me dated a few days prior to 56 days which I have not received.
    Interesting.

Is it a Notice to Keeper? Is it compliant with para 8 of Schedule 4 (yes, it is easy to check the wording).
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Parkguy101
    • By Parkguy101 8th Jul 17, 12:21 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Parkguy101
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:21 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:21 AM
    Hi coupon mad,

Was just reviewing the evidence and the letter seems to be a reminder notice issued to the keeper? Am I right in assuming this is not a notice to keeper?

The letter head has reminder notice do not ignore in bold.

The letter has payment methods and a bit of information regarding the PCN.

Hope this helps.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jul 17, 11:27 PM
    • 48,068 Posts
    • 61,518 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:27 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:27 PM
    It doesn't sound like a NTK and you should point out to POPLA that not only is it not a NTK, and doesn't comply with para 8 of the POFA, but it is a 'ghost letter' that was never served and has been created just for the evidence pack, it seems.

Also state in bullet point format, any comments about the evidence (signs, dates on those photos, and the contract/witness statement dates/signatures and anything dodgy that you notice). Keep it fairly short, not a restatement of appeal.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 08-07-2017 at 11:44 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

254Posts Today

1,320Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin